Quantcast

Buy a typewriter for secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicsMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
OK,
I really don't want to buy a typewriter for the secondaires in Adobe that we have to print out. Can we just put our replies on another sheet of apaper and attach it? I guess one idea would be to set Word so that it fits exactly in the spaces and just print out on the secondary, but thats kind of a pain in the ass when you've got many to do.

DarkChild

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
find jots thread about writing on unwritable pdf's - actually just PM him and ask about the software to let you do that.
I got it yesterday - SWEEEEZZZEEET:clap:

TXchick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, don't buy a typewriter!! Most public libraries have typewriters they will allow the public to use for free. You can also check out your student union at your university- mine has typewriters and computers for student use for free. If you can't find any of those, go to Kinko's where you can use one for a low fee. But definetely don't buy one!!

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
no no no!!!

Go PM "Jot" and ask him about sending you adobe which apparently you can use to edit those PDF files.

Also, if that doesn't work, you can go to a library/word processing place where people type stuff for you for a nominal fee. I think there should be busnisses in your town like Secretarial Services that would do it for you.

And if THAT doesn't work for you, then you write/print onto the secondary "See attached sheets" and attach your word documents to the thing. But first, send a PM to JOT.

Tweetie

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
damn
3 people typed the same thing together. :D New SDN record??

J

jot

hey yeah - PM me and i'll send you the link --- i'll put up one more thread about it - i'm not going to have it up there much longer cause it is taking up a wee bit of space

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Try WinMX, u can download Acrobat from there.

Thanks, jot. I already have it. I thought that there is another way of ding things.
How do you create PDF from sctratch. Do you have to go to Adobe website to do that?

J

jot

you can make it in word and then use adobe distiller to make it in to a pdf which is included in the full version of adobe acrobat if you have it

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jot, your file takes so long to download. :oops: I have supa fast ethernet, and it's taking almost 30 minutes! :rolleyes:

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yes.its only maybe 100 bucks. i bought one for college.

Weeble

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one that I bought a year ago for $100. I'd be happy to sell it for 50 plus s&h if anyone wants it.