Buying my visual field analyzer -- need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfeyedoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm in private practice and inherited an old, 20-year-old Zeiss 740 humphrey visual field analyzer which is starting to croak on me unfortunately. It still works, but getting super slow and slowing me down on my clinic efficiency. The screen is also dim and it sometimes doesn't transmit the results to my server.

I spoke with the Zeiss rep and have a couple of options. 1 - buy a new $25k machine which is their latest with liquid lens technology, SITA-SWAP, eye tracking, head motion tracking, touch screen display, etc., or 2 - buy a certified refurbished 750i which is their old "legacy line" which the rep tells me they are fazing out, for $15k. I'm about 5 years in to my practice and probably have 20-25 years left in my career.

Which one should I get? I know that ROI is not huge for visual fields, but it's a necessity in my comprehensive practice. We also crank through a lot of glaucoma suspects and routine patients.

Thanks for your input, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.