buying patient files

Started by l1steve1l
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

l1steve1l

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking over a sublease pretty soon. The previous doctor wants to sell his patient files to me. Hes got about 1300 files. Does anyone have an idea about how much I should pay?

Thanks
 
I'm taking over a sublease pretty soon. The previous doctor wants to sell his patient files to me. Hes got about 1300 files. Does anyone have an idea about how much I should pay?

Thanks

If you are taking over a commercial location, the patient files are worth ZERO. The patients are coming there for the store...........not the doctor. There could be a monkey giving refractions and the same customers (not really patients) will come in.

Let the doc take all the files with him if he won't give them to you. You will be able to bill them all as new patients and make a few more $$.
 
Is this practice even legal? Isn't there something called patient doctor confidentiality?

Regards,

Mike