buzzing head - unprofessional?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orange29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody!

i'm just wondering if you think a medical student/resident/physician looks unprofessional if they have a buzzed head...not totally to the skull, but a 3 in buzzing terms.

thankss!

Members don't see this ad.

no, plenty of guys have a buzz cut/short hair/bald cesar/cesar/other term(s) for really short hair. you'll be fine.

hi everybody!

i'm just wondering if you think a medical student/resident/physician looks unprofessional if they have a buzzed head...not totally to the skull, but a 3 in buzzing terms.

thankss!

Only if you wear combat boots or a nazi uniform during rounds. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to a 1 on the cutting blade. but i'm bald, and now shaving your head when you're bald is socially acceptable.

Is this question for real? Look around, plenty of buzz-cuts to go around. Haven't heard anyone question it and surely it beats the comb-over.

My boyfriend just got his hair buzzed off. I don't like it, but nonetheless he looks professional. He's not balding,but the guy likes to get ready in 20 mins vs. 40 mins.

Actually, it depends.

A buzz cut (shaved to the head, or high and tight) is no big deal in and of itself unless you live in an area of the country where it might conote a poiltical or social stance, especially in younger age groups. A buzz cut may mean something different in San Francisco, California than in Birminghan, Alabama. As far as medicine goes, we've seen every hair style come and go, and come around again...

My boyfriend just got his hair buzzed off. I don't like it, but nonetheless he looks professional. He's not balding,but the guy likes to get ready in 20 mins vs. 40 mins.

i've never heard of a dude spending 20 minutes on his hair...:eek:

Shaved my head, let me tell you, its quite nice not to worry about it when you get called for that 4am admission.

i've never heard of a dude spending 20 minutes on his hair...:eek:

Not 20 mins on his hair silly, 20 mins to get ready. Never mind. I'm planning to find a guy without a buzz cut pretty soon anyhow :)