• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

C- in 1 Dental Pre-Req

AA149

Aug 8, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi all!

This is my first post on this forum and I am very excited to be part of this community. I am about to be a junior at a pretty good college (not Ivy-but I am not sure if I am actually allowed to say the name of the school? I see people on other posts not saying their school name so went along with that). I have seen posts like this one that I am writing but I wanted to give a bit of backstory. Since my junior year of high school, I have had severe depression. I was put on multiple medications my sophomore year of college (it got really bad) and almost took some time off. Thankfully, I am doing much better now and while there are difficult times, I am handling it much better. I am sure that you can figure out that my first two years of college also did not have the strongest grades (GPA under 3.0). I am in the process of completing the pre dental reqs and received a C- in General Chemistry. This upcoming year, my schedule is crazy (at least for me!): O-Chem, Cell Bio (Fall), BioChem (Spring) and other reqs for my major (Biology). I am wondering if I really need to re-take Gen Chem or not? I know some (please correct me if "some" should actually say "most") Dental Schools do not accept students who had a C- in any of their pre reqs. I want to take the DAT next summer and I completely understand that a gap year between college and dental school is very plausible in my future-but I'd at least like to try and apply regardless. Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
  1. Dentist
I am in the process of completing the pre dental reqs and received a C- in General Chemistry. This upcoming year, my schedule is crazy (at least for me!): O-Chem, Cell Bio (Fall), BioChem (Spring) and other reqs for my major (Biology). I am wondering if I really need to re-take Gen Chem or not? I know some (please correct me if "some" should actually say "most") Dental Schools do not accept students who had a C- in any of their pre reqs. I want to take the DAT next summer and I completely understand that a gap year between college and dental school is very plausible in my future-but I'd at least like to try and apply regardless. Thank you for your help!
You only need to retake if you hope to attend dental school.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.