C in a&p

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTStudent215

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get a C grade in anatomy &physiology II. I got a B in the first portion, and all my other pre-req grades are from A- to B-. Would PT school accept a C grade? don't really want to retake it...

Members don't see this ad.

whats your pre-requisite gpa? what did you get in anatomy I? considering anatomy and physiology is considered the backbone of physical therapy, and it wont get any easier within the program when you take a more indepth anatomy course, schools wont look to kindly on it. I suggest retaking it

Members don't see this ad :)
Retake it definitely. I have heard two admissions advisors say that they won't even consider a student with anything less than a B in pre-reqs. I retook chemistry at a different school during summer break and did much better the second time so maybe that's an option for you

If your pre-req gpa is solid, then you might be ok. If it could use a boost, then definitely retake it.
Anatomy in PT school is definitely more in depth but I am of the belief that it is actually easier to do better in PT school versus undergrad because of the fact that you will probably have less distractions, be more motivated and will receive better instruction. This was the case with me.
So if you are stressing out over the fact that because you got a C in undergrad that it will mean you wont do well in grad school, dont worry about it.

When will you applying? If you have time I would highly recommend retaking it even if you have a high GPA. PT A&P is no joke and it is going to be more extensive and intense. Retake it and make your application strong. PT school is getting more and more competitve.

Retake. You need at least a B in both levels of A&P to be competitive.