C in a repeated course - bring up in secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lutang

Reaction score
My freshman year I got a W in organic chemistry 1, and when I retook the class my sophomore year I got a C in it. However, in organic chemistry 2 I managed to get an A. Everything else since then has been A's with an occasional B.

My questions would be - how much of a red flag would this be to schools? And should I bring this up in all of my secondaries (even in the ones where they don't ask for poor grades, i.e. "anything else?" prompts)?

Input is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Leave it be. It is not a red flag. Your A in orgo 2 speaks for itself.

It’s a minor red flag but not something that needs to be brought up in the secondaries

LOL. so don't mention it at all then? 😟
Nothing, nada, zilch, you have the right to remain silent until question at an interview. Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you’re a fool than to write some thing, and remove all doubt

Reactions: 1 user
Reinforcing what others have advised:

Shaq No GIF

If something significantly changed how you studied organic chemistry to get passing grades (both the C in semester 1 and A in semester 2), you could talk about this. But only volunteer this with the proper prompt... not with the blank-canvas prompt of "anything else?"

My freshman year I got a W in organic chemistry 1, and when I retook the class my sophomore year I got a C in it. However, in organic chemistry 2 I managed to get an A. Everything else since then has been A's with an occasional B.

My questions would be - how much of a red flag would this be to schools? And should I bring this up in all of my secondaries (even in the ones where they don't ask for poor grades, i.e. "anything else?" prompts)?

Input is much appreciated.
Never bring attention to a negative.