Repeating information in secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boredinlab

Reaction score
Some schools have secondary questions that seem redundant with each other/the primary app. For example, Harvard asks "If you are re-applying, briefly (4000 characters maximum) summarize your activities since your previous application." The next question is "If you have already graduated, briefly (4000 characters maximum) summarize your activities since graduation." My answer to the first question pretty much covers what I would say in the second. I don't want to just add fluff. What do I do? Can I just respond to the second question by saying the activities since graduation are summarized in the previous question (with maybe a quick sentence or two of what those activities are).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools have secondary questions that seem redundant with each other/the primary app. For example, Harvard asks "If you are re-applying, briefly (4000 characters maximum) summarize your activities since your previous application." The next question is "If you have already graduated, briefly (4000 characters maximum) summarize your activities since graduation." My answer to the first question pretty much covers what I would say in the second. I don't want to just add fluff. What do I do? Can I just respond to the second question by saying the activities since graduation are summarized in the previous question (with maybe a quick sentence or two of what those activities are).

Thanks!
If you are a reapplicant, it's completely redundant and you could say "explained above". If you are not a reapplicant, you only answer the second one.

Reactions: 1 users