"C" in Trig....should I retake it?

Started by MOState22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MOState22

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a C in trig and was just wondering if I should retake the class to get a better grade?
 
@MOState22:

It depends on if the course is a prerequisite and what your overall GPA is. If you are competitive otherwise it is unlikely to matter. If it's a prerequisite (I can't imagine that it is), you should repeat it. If it's a prerequisite for other required courses for your PT program shortlist, you should certainly consider it.

Josh Morrison
Director, Student Enrollment Services
IU School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, IUPUI
shrs.iupui.edu
[email protected]

By the way, I'm a Bear. Missouri State '01, Philosophy BA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't think of any school in which trig is even a prereq.

Retaking prereqs is always good if you have the time and money. Retaking nonprereqs is always a waste of time and money. It won't help your chances in any noticeable way.
 
The only reason you would want to retake it is to make sure you have the skills you need to pass physics I and II. Trigonometry and pre-calculus are essential for those classes.

Kevin