C/O 2014: Useful info about sending DAT scores.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you have recently taken the test (within a year I would think), specified 5 free schools and also requested additional schools, don't worry. Most likely your scores will be available to schools during 2009 and 2010.

I took mine in June 09 so I should be okay based on this, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone clear things up for me regarding the process of getting our scores to the schools we have applied to?
Do we have to pay Prometric Testing Center to send out our scores to each school we apply to? (besides the 5 they send for free)
Or does Prometric give the scores to aadsas, who sends them to the schools for free?
Some schools have told me to fax the unofficial score report to them as soon as I get out of the test.
So do we have to pay Prometric for every school we apply to? And does that need to be done before we take the dat or after? I am currently only signed up for the 5 school it comes with, but I've applied to 13.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone clear things up for me regarding the process of getting our scores to the schools we have applied to?
Do we have to pay Prometric Testing Center to send out our scores to each school we apply to? (besides the 5 they send for free)
Or does Prometric give the scores to aadsas, who sends them to the schools for free?
Some schools have told me to fax the unofficial score report to them as soon as I get out of the test.
So do we have to pay Prometric for every school we apply to? And does that need to be done before we take the dat or after? I am currently only signed up for the 5 school it comes with, but I've applied to 13.

Yes, you will have to send your official DAT scores to the remaining 8 schools that you have not indicated yet. The reason they ask you to fax them your unofficial score report is that it takes weeks for the ADA to send out and process your scores, and this way the adcoms will have something to look at and may start reviewing your application. You can go to http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/index.asp and scroll down and click on "send my scores to a dental school" and indicate the 8 schools to which you will need to send the scores to. Depending on whether or not you have already taken the DAT, there are different options for you to choose. When I did it, it asked for future or past scores, but I don't know if it's changed now. If it is still the same options and you have not taken the DAT yet, make sure you choose future scores.

What if the 5 schools I designated were different in the 2 times that I took the DATs?
For example, I designated NYU on the first time that I took the DATs in April 2008, but I did not designate NYU on the second time in August 2008.
Would I still have to re-request my score for NYU because I did not release my scores the second time I took the DATs?

What if the 5 schools I designated were different in the 2 times that I took the DATs?
For example, I designated NYU on the first time that I took the DATs in April 2008, but I did not designate NYU on the second time in August 2008.
Would I still have to re-request my score for NYU because I did not release my scores the second time I took the DATs?

Yes, you will have to re-request your scores to be sent to NYU and other schools you did not indicate for your August 2008 DAT. If you don't NYU would only be able to pull up your scores from April 2008.