C/O 2015 University of Edinburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BClove21

VMRCVM c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else apply here this year? I hear that we could start hearing back from them the end of this upcomming week...anyone who applied last year have any imput?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied! Based on "official acceptance" threads from the past few years, we could hear as early as Monday (12/13) and as late as the last business day before Christmas (12/23). I think I remember seeing that acceptances are usually sent out on a Monday or Friday as well, so maybe 12/13, 12/17 or 12/20? Can you tell I'm not doing well with the waiting? :oops: Also there is an older "Dick Vet c/o 2014 & 2015" thread that we may want to use (unless you will be in the 5 year program)... it is found here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=701305
It has some excellent info in there regardless! Good luck to you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ckd816 - good info. Thanks. Good luck to us! p.s. Love your avatar.

I applied too. I really hope that I get in! Good luck to as all, I hope we all get in!

hm I couldnt find that thread earlier, but I am new to this (accidental discovery, what a gem) It seems a little old and I think it would be nice to get a new one going for this year for people who applied this year. P.S. I am going for the 4 year program. I hope the letters come sooner than later, I could use some good news during finals...of course if I don't get in I guess that could be disasterous for my finals :) Is this school anyone's first choice?

hm I couldnt find that thread earlier, but I am new to this (accidental discovery, what a gem) It seems a little old and I think it would be nice to get a new one going for this year for people who applied this year. P.S. I am going for the 4 year program. I hope the letters come sooner than later, I could use some good news during finals...of course if I don't get in I guess that could be disasterous for my finals :) Is this school anyone's first choice?

Hiya! you may want to start a C/O 2015/2016 thread cause it may get confusing since there are some c/o 2015'ers on here and we are first years. They will differentiate GEP's from first years when you get here and call you either GEP Yr. 1 or just Yr 1.

They had interviews here last week, so I imagine you all will be hearing soon :xf::luck::xf::luck:

Good Luck everyone!

I applied too! Does anyone know how they send acceptances? Email or phone call?

I applied too! According to last year, they send out emails. Good Luck all!!!:xf:

They sent e-mails last year. They'll send you things by post slowly regarding your acceptance, the reception (held in two places - last year in SF and in NY), VISA, loans, EMS, etc. I remember that being all pretty overwhelming at first. Hopefully Prof Corcoran and Prof Hudson are at the receptions again. They are awesome.

Happy to (finally) see this thread pop up. :D

Flyhi is a 1st year in the 5 year programme and I'm a 1st year in the GEP. If you have any questions feel free to PM me! And if you want a glimpse at GEP and Edinburgh life, feel free to peek around my blog. www.CarolynBVMandS.wordpress.com Though ckd doesn't need the link. :p I also have other students (most of them at the Dick Vet) on my blogroll as well.

Good luck to everyone! I think you should be hearing something in the next two weeks.

I'd love to apply here but I know that my worst vice would do me in - golf! Too close to St. Andrews and such. Plus I'm always driving the wrong way in the roundabouts.

I'd be lying if I said I won't be getting up a few minutes early tomorrow so I can check my e-mail before work. You know, just in case. From looking at last year's info, it really looks like I shouldn't get too anxious until next week though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be lying if I said I won't be getting up a few minutes early tomorrow so I can check my e-mail before work. You know, just in case. From looking at last year's info, it really looks like I shouldn't get too anxious until next week though.

I used to get up REALLY early to do this :laugh:

Please feel free to PM me anyone, if you have questions...i also have a blog you can check out:
http://roadtodickvet.blogspot.com/

I applied as well :)

Thanks for posting your blogs flyhi and chii chan! They're making me very nostalgic for the year i spent abroad in England last year... though not helping me focus on studying for finals at all!

I guess noone else heard today either or it would be all over this thread...ah to wait another day. I am getting nervous!:scared:

I guess noone else heard today either or it would be all over this thread...ah to wait another day. I am getting nervous!:scared:
Yeah the absolute latest I'd expect to hear from them is 6pm here (though I'd assume they'd do anything before 5pm). We're GMT here, so 5 hours difference for the EST, 8 hours difference for PST, 9 hours for Alaska. Those are the only hours I know. :p

If it helps (or might make you crazier), I received my acceptance e-mail on Monday 21 December and they sent the email at 3:03PM (which was 7:03AM PST for me).

My money is on December 20th, but that won't stop me from waking up several times over the course of the night to check my email... not intentionally either! I'm pretty sure it is to blame for not sleeping well lately though. :mad:

I'm really glad we're all in this together! It's good to have more people to commiserate with. Hopefully we'll all get in and then we can worry about visas and moving together. HAHA... I swear I'm not as crazy as I seem. :)

I'm really glad we're all in this together! It's good to have more people to commiserate with. Hopefully we'll all get in and then we can worry about visas and moving together. HAHA... I swear I'm not as crazy as I seem. :)

I could not agree more. The camaraderie is wonderful!

Just got word also that CSU is making decisions FRIDAY. Edinburgh and there are my top choices, soooo I feel like I am going to spew. And I have a biochem final Friday... I did the math to already see what my score needs to be for me to get a B... so if necessary I can just go out and celebrate or lock myself in my room and cry. Either way, studying is going to be hard! SO NERVOUS.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :luck:

Yeah, my friend found out the 23rd last year but that isn't going to stop me checking multiple times a day :D

Thanks guys. I was going to get work done today... but then I read this post. Great. I applied to Edinburgh and CSU. I'm worthless until Christmas now.

good luck all!!!!

ps, love the blogs :)

This thread, along with all the other CO 2015 threads, arelike some sort of drug!! Soooo bad for you, keeps you up at night, hurts your work performance, etc... But...just...can't...stop...!!!!

ps, love the blogs :)

Seconded, they are really helpful and pretty much just awesome reads in general too. And better late than never, but yeah, I applied to Edinburgh and RVC, so I'll be joining in the guessing game for when we'll get these Dick Vet response emails.

My guess is that they will tell you guys on Monday.

Kinda glad we got our exam grades before they sent out acceptance letters. :p I was starting to go crazy and I was also starting to have bad dreams about them (which thankfully did not come true). Not sure why I dreamed about getting a 28% when I was more than confident that I passed.

Glad you guys are enjoying the blogs. Hopefully mine isn't too tedious since I feel like I'm a bit verbose. :D

This probably belongs in the "you know the application process is driving you crazy when" thread, but I've come to the conclusion that I will somehow be doomed if I stop listening to my favorite Scottish band or drinking any other alcoholic beverage aside from my favorite local beer (appropriately named "Kiltlifter"). :laugh:

I've already alerted my family and friends that if we hear on Monday I will probably end up drunk one way or another that night... I will be drinking either to celebrate or drown my sorrows. :scared: (And when I just typed "alerted" it came out "altered" hahaha)

PS: Congrats to the first years on surviving the first semester!! You guys are rockstars! :cool:

This probably belongs in the "you know the application process is driving you crazy when" thread, but I've come to the conclusion that I will somehow be doomed if I stop listening to my favorite Scottish band or drinking any other alcoholic beverage aside from my favorite local beer (appropriately named "Kiltlifter"). :laugh:

I've already alerted my family and friends that if we hear on Monday I will probably end up drunk one way or another that night... I will be drinking either to celebrate or drown my sorrows. :scared: (And when I just typed "alerted" it came out "altered" hahaha)

PS: Congrats to the first years on surviving the first semester!! You guys are rockstars! :cool:

this post made me so happy. gosh after the blow from CSU i am really banking on some good news from overseas.
cheers to my fellow Scotsman! (disregard the fact that i am female)

Time to bring the Juju and jam out to "The Best of Celtic Christmas."

It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..It's Monday..

Staring at my email constantly can't be healthy..

I received an offer just a few minutes ago and an invite for the open day in January :). I am so very happy as this is my first choice. This is the best Christmas present ever :luck: !

I received an offer just a few minutes ago and an invite for the open day in January :). I am so very happy as this is my first choice. This is the best Christmas present ever :luck: !

congrats to you, first of hopefully many here!!!

and now, initiate panic mode. i have my phone beside me as i work on this dog portrait all day long... so far it has not blown up with an email. woke up with a few junk emails which was extremely disappointing. c'mon edinburgh, give me something!!!

At least we know it has started! And don't get discouraged if you don't get an e-mail today. I think someone posted that last year they got their e-mail the 20th and my friend didnt get hers until the 23rd. Also, I wonder if they send it out in some sort of order...if it is alphabetical then I will be waiting a while :(

Congratulations! Will you be in the 4 year program or the 5?

Congratulations! Will you be in the 4 year program or the 5?

I'll be going on the 5 year program (doing it as my second degree). I am still waiting for the offer conditions, but just the email of an offer is more than wonderful :). I'm sure you'll get yours soon :thumbup:!

So is this a good thing or a bad thing that only one of has has posted that they heard anything today? Any more news to report?

i was waiting anxiously all day and then i realized, nothing was coming. i take this as a good sign that only one of us has heard back... i refuse to try and play any sort of guessing game (tried that for CO, almost killed myself with panic). it'll come sometime this week im sure! and by it, i mean acceptances for us all!
cheers and good luck!
(maybe we will wake up to good news). :luck:

futurevet3000 you are right... they will all come sometime this week. It was like this last year so no stressing! Hopefully we all got in!

I wouldn't be surprised if the snow has slowed things down. I'm not sure if the admissions office is actually located at Bush or not. But if it is, there's a huge possibility it's preventing people from getting into the office. It's certainly prevented some of us from getting home this Christmas, and delayed almost everyone's flights. (Word of advice: don't fly BA for Christmas. If it snows, you're screwed.) It snowed so much three (or four) weeks ago (just before and during the GEP's AB2 exams) that classes were cancelled for a week at Bush, and some of the 1st years got snow afternoons (they still had class in the morning at Summerhall). I had the same nutrition lectures rescheduled 3 times in one week since the lecturer couldn't get into the city due to the snow. It's been insane.

Plus I also remember people getting acceptances up through early February and they missed the reception because of the later acceptance. I don't know if they were late applicants or not. FinleyMonkey (who was a late applicant) didn't find out until May. It's not a rejection until you actually get the letter for it. So don't freak out yet. :D

Congrats CVRD! You may not get your conditions e-mail until January. That's when I remember getting mine (even though I had an unconditional offer). I'd assume, if you're taking classes, you must get a B or better in all your classes to keep the offer.

Good luck to the rest of you! Hope you hear good news soon! :)

ugh...I dont want to have to wait that long! lol Do we need to send in our fall transcripts does anyone know? I didn't see it anywhere but I have to send it in for some other schools.

Yes you have to send fall transcripts if you took classes in the fall and declared those on VMCAS. I'd wait at least until the beginning of January. You should know by then whether you were accepted. I remember I didn't send transcripts until about mid-January. If you receive an unconditional offer you probably won't have to send spring transcripts. I was a little upset that they didn't care to see my 4.0 spring semester. (I already had my degree and was taking extra classes at community college for a few vet schools I ended up getting rejected from after the drop deadline.)

Is Yvonne in admissions again? She was awesome. And then she went on maternity leave... I'd say feel free to e-mail her if you have questions no one knows the answer to (like when exactly you hear back about acceptances :p). She was always very helpful and responded to e-mails promptly.

Sorry guys, I'm super bored. My flight was cancelled and I couldn't book another one so I'm stranded with nothing to do for a week until I start EMS next week...

eh, I was afraid of that, I kind of had a rough semester :(

futurevet3000 you are right... they will all come sometime this week. It was like this last year so no stressing! Hopefully we all got in!

haha i should take my own advice. i am literally losing sleep over this... because i know i am going to get an email early on my phone! last night i must have woken up 4 different times to check my phone. not normal. they need to put me out of my misery soon, please!

i hope they don't delay it much longer... :scared:

So I guess at this point, according to chii chan, no news may not be good news, but at least it's not bad news yet. It's too late to hear anything today, so on to tomorrow (and another sleepless night, I suppose).

haha i should take my own advice. i am literally losing sleep over this... because i know i am going to get an email early on my phone! last night i must have woken up 4 different times to check my phone. not normal. they need to put me out of my misery soon, please!

i hope they don't delay it much longer... :scared:

HAHA, for real. I cannot sleep. Well, I can but it's quite interrupted. I do find it comforting that we can probably blame the snow for our delay though. Plus, the original email I got from them said we should hear "by late December or early January." So I guess I should calm down. It was almost better when I knew it would be several weeks before we would hear... now it could be any day. ANY. DAY! :laugh:

CVRD, conglats! I hope we'll all hear good news soon as well.
chii chan, thanks for letting us know about snows and all. After reading your post, I was finally able to sleep.
Oh, can't wait!

So my phone is always right next to me when I sleep at night, and usually gets a bunch of junk emails in the early morning. Normally these don't wake me but recently I have been sleeping poorly, knowing any email could be something from a school. This morning I got three junk emails, all from the same thing, in a row around 6 am. I was furious. Then, a fourth. I wasn't even going to look because I wanted to sleep, but I did...

AND IT WAS FROM EDINBURGH... I AM IN!!!!! :soexcited:The 4 year program to be exact! Not only am I ecstatic for myself, but I then called my boyfriend, waking him up. He check his email, and he is in too!!!! He is also an SDNer so I won't steal too much of his thunder haha but I am SO EXCITED. I can't go back to sleep. I am sitting on the couch watching Black Beauty circa 1971.
Hopefully others are waking up to good news too :xf:

I am really glad that you BOTH got it :)

I just received an update on UCAS with the condition... And it's something that I will meet CERTAINLY (I am borderline between 1st and 2:1st) !! :) :) Woop woop!! Now I don't care about the other universities anymore :p ! I GOT IN :D Just sent an email for the open day which I'll be attending for sure :).

How easy/difficult is it to find a house for the semesters in Edinburgh with dogs (two newfoundlands to be exact) ? Price range per month ? Now all I have to worry about is the fees of 23 grand / year, but that's not too horrible when taking into account that I'll finally be able to do something I LOVE :thumbup:

hey CVRD! i don't mean to get ahead of myself... but i have a pup too, perhaps we can set up play dates... he loves to wrestle with big dogs haha. wow 2 newfies! how will you get them over there!! i am stressing about this already.