C/O 2019 Campbell University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DUOC SI

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Just received an interview invite for Oct. 30! :soexcited:

Anyone else hear anything??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I just received mine as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody renting hotels or driving there the day of?

Me! I am coming from TX. But I havent decided if I want to go yet.

Me! I am coming from TX. But I havent decided if I want to go yet.

I live in NC so I will be touring the campus soon because I haven't been there before, want to familiarize myself beforehand as well. This is my top choice.

What's your top choice since you haven't decided about the interview for Campbell?

Hey sorry fot
I live in NC so I will be touring the campus soon because I haven't been there before, want to familiarize myself beforehand as well. This is my top choice.

What's your top choice since you haven't decided about the interview for Campbell?

Hey, sorry for the late response. My top choice is the university of St Joseph in connecticut. I recently got interview offer from the school..But I also got interview from Wingate. So I cant decide whether I want to go to Campbell or Wingate. Can I ask why Campbell is your top choice?

It's my top choice mainly b/c the school is an hour away from my family so therefore I can always have their support within reach. The school offers dual degree for students who are interested, which is really nice. I admire their small/decent size class where we can have a lot more one on one interaction with the professors. I know quite a few people who have graduated there & who are current students. At my 24hr Walgreens Pharmacy and some clinical rotations, we have many pharmacy interns from Campbell and I get to work with them & ask questions. Everyone said they love the school and are very happy with their decision. All in all, I hear really good things about this school. Oh to add on, Campbell has lots of clinical affiliations and I like their diversity within the faculty and students.

Yes, i have been waiting for a C/O 2019 thread. I have an interview on the 30th too. I already visited the school more than 5 times, and i loved it there.

Mine is October 17th. Am I alone? What can we expect on that day. I need someone familiar with the area to comment on possible accommodation options. whats the average monthly rent in that town? any hospital or similar institution in the town? DUOC SI can one live in Raleigh ad attend school?
Hadeholah 5 visits from you to the school...then you must already accepted. you just need to formalize it on interview day. How far is durham from the school?

Mine is October 17th. Am I alone? What can we expect on that day. I need someone familiar with the area to comment on possible accommodation options. whats the average monthly rent in that town? any hospital or similar institution in the town? DUOC SI can one live in Raleigh ad attend school?
Hadeholah 5 visits from you to the school...then you must already accepted. you just need to formalize it on interview day. How far is durham from the school?

You must've applied earlier than I did to have Oct.17 interview, which is this Friday.. so good luck in advance!
I think it's possible to live in Raleigh and still attend school if you're willing to drive back and forth for 2hrs total. That's what I was thinking too but my mom said it'll be too much stress on me so she recommend me to stay near the campus. I haven't been to the University yet but I did sign up for one of their PharmDAY (two days before my interview) to tour the campus, shadow a current P1/P2 on how a normal day is, and have lunch with the student ambassador & an admissions representative to ask any questions.

Members don't see this ad :)

I went to school in Durham but i do live in Raleigh now. Durham is about an hour to Campbell and depend on where in Raleigh you live the distance is about 20min-an hour. I have a friend who lived in Raleigh and commute to Campbell everyday for Pharm. School. I do believe it can be stressful, i plan on staying in Fayetteville or move to the side of Raleigh closer to Campbell.

Yes, i have been waiting for a C/O 2019 thread. I have an interview on the 30th too. I already visited the school more than 5 times, and i loved it there.

Did you apply during last year cycle? I saw your replies in the C/O 2018 thread.
If so, how was your interview? (if you don't mind sharing)

Did you apply during last year cycle? I saw your replies in the C/O 2018 thread.
yeah, but I did not attend the interview
You must've applied earlier than I did to have Oct.17 interview, which is this Friday.. so good luck in advance!
I think it's possible to live in Raleigh and still attend school if you're willing to drive back and forth for 2hrs total. That's what I was thinking too but my mom said it'll be too much stress on me so she recommend me to stay near the campus. I haven't been to the University yet but I did sign up for one of their PharmDAY (two days before my interview) to tour the campus, shadow a current P1/P2 on how a normal day is, and have lunch with the student ambassador & an admissions representative to ask any questions.

Thank you very much and best of luck too as u prepare. I will update you all

Sorry for the late reply am a workaholic. Yes i did applied last year, had an interview but i did not get in due to my low PCAT scores. The interview was great, there was a 2( a PharmD student and a Professor) on one interview, group interview and i dont remember if there was a one on one interview.

Was the interview open file and they asked about your PCAT scores? Or did they email you about it?

Was the interview open file and they asked about your PCAT scores? Or did they email you about it?
What do you mean by open file? I had a professor check back with the school for me to find out the reason why i wasn't accepted last year.

open file interview means they know your grades, pcat scores, etc.
close file interview means they do not know your records

So, did you retake the PCAT then?

Best of luck

open file interview means they know your grades, pcat scores, etc.
close file interview means they do not know your records

So, did you retake the PCAT then?
I cant remember if it is open/close file and yes i did.

Hi all! Just received an interview invite for Oct. 30! :soexcited:

Anyone else hear anything??
hi.. Those that have an interview on Oct 30, when did you send in your application to Campbell Pharamcy?

I'm interviewing the 30th. I submitted 9/29 and was verified 10/14.

Hope this helps!
Hi Antiaromatic...thanks for the update. Can you clarify what you mean by "verified 10/14".

Would be interested in knowing when other applicants, who have an interview on Oct 30th, applied. Applied on Oct 3. I was wondering how Campbell reviews their applicants to invite them for an intervew? I have great GPA and high science/math PCAT scores but not so great verbal/reading scores; pulling down my average PR 60.

Last edited:
Hi Antiaromatic...thanks for the update. Can you clarify what you mean by "verified 10/14".

Would be interested in knowing when other applicants, who have an interview on Oct 30th, applied. Applied on Oct 3. I was wondering how Campbell reviews their applicants to invite them for an intervew? I have great GPA and high science/math PCAT scores but not so great verbal/reading scores; pulling down my average PR 60.

I meant my GPA was verified on 10/14.
Honestly that was the longest part. And also my GPA is very subpar haha. I'm sure you'll be notified shortly!! Be patient is the only advice I can give.

I went to school in Durham but i do live in Raleigh now. Durham is about an hour to Campbell and depend on where in Raleigh you live the distance is about 20min-an hour. I have a friend who lived in Raleigh and commute to Campbell everyday for Pharm. School. I do believe it can be stressful, i plan on staying in Fayetteville or move to the side of Raleigh closer to Campbell.

I received my admissions email today. Wishing you all goodluck in your upcoming interview and let me know if any questions. Now thinking of where to live cost effectively.

Goodluck. I received my admission email today. Awaiting the good news from you too.
And you interviewed on the 17th? That is a pretty quick response!

Does anyone know if this is how fast they typically are in getting back to you after an interview?

hi.. Those that have an interview on Oct 30, when did you send in your application to Campbell Pharmacy?

Submitted PharmCAS on 9/7
Submitted supplemental application on 9/27
PharmCAS application verified on 9/29
Campbell received PharmCAS application on 9/29
Received invitation to interview on 10/7
Hope that helped ;)

hi, when did you send in your supplemental application for campbell pharmacy?
Hi. I submitted supplemental sep 3 and got invitation email sep 10, to interview sep 17. admitted.

Submitted PharmCAS on 9/7
Submitted supplemental application on 9/27
PharmCAS application verified on 9/29
Campbell received PharmCAS application on 9/29
Received invitation to interview on 10/7
Hope that helped ;)

Hey thank you for providing your details.
My Pharmcas application was verified in August.
Pharmcas e-submitted to Campbell on 9/26
I submitted supplemental on 10/3; I received an email from Campbell saying it was received.
I then got an email from Campbell on 10/23 saying that they have received the Pharmcas application (makes no sense as it was e-submitted on 9/26).
I have not heard from Campbell yet. Should I worry? Should I call? They say don't call to ask about application status. Has anyone here called the pharmacy admissions to ask about their application status?
Does anyone one know if the colleges let you know if they don't want to interview you or just leave you hanging and waiting. I have not applied to other universities yet as I am waiting to hear from Campbell. This was a preference because of the dual degree program. I have a good GPA and PCAT scores. So, I am very confused.

(From my perspective) Once you e-submit PharmCAS, it can take up to 3-5 weeks for them to verify the GPA & what not.. then after its verified they send your PharmCAS application to the schools. The schools won't look at your application until they receive both PharmCAS and the supplemental application as well. So, it looks like Campbell received your PharmCAS on 10/23. That means you should be hearing from them soon.. probably this week or next week. I know the wait can be stressful but being patient is the best advice I can give and to check your e-mail everyday. You shouldn't worry since you applied before November. This is from their website: "Applications received after November 1 face significantly increased competition for admission and may be placed on a waiting list, regardless of qualifications."

Hi! I am interviewing November 6th. I have not yet submitted my supplemental application... But will by this afternoon!
Has this happened to anyone else? Do any of you have helpful tips?

Hi! I am interviewing November 6th. I have not yet submitted my supplemental application... But will by this afternoon!
Has this happened to anyone else? Do any of you have helpful tips?
I have an interview on the 6th as well. See you there. Did I read somewhere that Campbell has you write an essay and do a bio/math test or am I thinking of another school? Thanks.

Hello everyone!
I am an accepted student of Campbell. I am a PharmD/MSPS dual degree student and I am in my first year. With the dual degree, it is 5 years instead of 4, so I am a member of the class of 2019. I can answer any questions anyone may have. Also, if you have already been accepted, there is a facebook page for the class of 2019 that just started!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574608289434591/

Hello everyone!

I just got accepted to Campbell too! I am hoping to find some housing near campus. It doesn't seem like there are a ton of places within walking distance so I wanted to jump on it early before everyone else is also looking. Is anyone that is accepted looking for housing/a female roommate? If so PM me!

Hello everyone!

I just got accepted to Campbell too! I am hoping to find some housing near campus. It doesn't seem like there are a ton of places within walking distance so I wanted to jump on it early before everyone else is also looking. Is anyone that is accepted looking for housing/a female roommate? If so PM me!
When did you interview?

I interviewed in mid Sept and got accepted about 3 weeks later. I submitted my PharmCAS really early though. I have just decided that Campbell is where I want to go instead of the other schools I applied to.

I have an interview on the 6th as well. See you there. Did I read somewhere that Campbell has you write an essay and do a bio/math test or am I thinking of another school? Thanks.
I had an interview (as was accepted!!!) last week, and there was no essay or test. The interview day is set up quite nicely with info sessions, followed by lunch, followed by interviews/student panels. The whole day is relatively laid back! My one piece of advice is to have a few questions to ask at the end of the interview. They stopped about 10 minutes before my time was up so I could ask them questions. I can see where this part could be awkward if you don't have questions prepared for them!

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone!

They will send you housing information probably within a few months. I have the housing list they sent out last year to their accepted students that I can email to you if you would like. I live within walking distance to campus. I know a lot of people that do. Also, congrats on your acceptance! its very exciting. I love Campbell!
Don't forget to ask to join the facebook group for the class of 2019. Everyone can communicate through the facebook group and find roommates. Also, it is really helpful because people will post study guides that they make to share with everyone in the class.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574608289434591/

Congrats, same here! Guessing we probably met each other yesterday. You name is not Whitney by any chance is it?

Did you guys get your acceptance letters yet? I got a call from the person that interviewed me Thursday night but no email yet!

I haven't gotten one yet either.. I was told it would be early next week

oh ok, I forgot to ask on the phone, lol but i'm guessing the 15 days for deposit are from the date of the letter! congrats on ur admissions btw!