C on transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

samishontae

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read someone's post on SDN. The person was asking for advise and included that they had some C's on their transcript. About half of the responses made a comment that a C on your pre-req transcript would not be acceptable for getting into pharmacy school.

Here is where I have my question. I have read several post and got advised that GPAs of around 3.0-3.5 had a chance of getting into a school, with other factors being appropriate. But with a GPA in this range, there has to be a C or two mixed in. I personally have two C's on my pre-req transcript.(GPA of about 3.3) I was all motivated to do well on the PCAT and be accepted to a school. Now, after reading that post(about the other person's grades), I'm scared that I wont stand a chance with my two C's. BTW: I received the two C's in my freshman year. Since then, I have all A's and B's. Looking at my transcript, anyone can clearly tell that I had a hard time my first few semesters and made great improvement

Is there anyone who can disprove that a C on a transcript will make you unacceptable to any pharmacy school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apply. I have a C on my transcript and GPA is exactly like yours OP and two interviews offers so far.
 
I read someone's post on SDN. The person was asking for advise and included that they had some C's on their transcript. About half of the responses made a comment that a C on your pre-req transcript would not be acceptable for getting into pharmacy school.

Here is where I have my question. I have read several post and got advised that GPAs of around 3.0-3.5 had a chance of getting into a school, with other factors being appropriate. But with a GPA in this range, there has to be a C or two mixed in. I personally have two C's on my pre-req transcript.(GPA of about 3.3) I was all motivated to do well on the PCAT and be accepted to a school. Now, after reading that post(about the other person's grades), I'm scared that I wont stand a chance with my two C's. BTW: I received the two C's in my freshman year. Since then, I have all A's and B's. Looking at my transcript, anyone can clearly tell that I had a hard time my first few semesters and made great improvement

Is there anyone who can disprove that a C on a transcript will make you unacceptable to any pharmacy school?

first of all, you need to have confidence on yourself. I may have worse GPA or grade than you and still I have a confidence getting in (little doubt about top schools that I want though :laugh:). Do some more research and ask. In other word, put more effort on it.
 
It is because he needs to stop asking for advice for something like this.
First things first. I'm a "SHE"!!!!!! Secondly, why would I not ask advice on anything I am concerned about. This is a forum for this purpose, correct? To reiterate, this topic was not a concern of mine until I read a previous post on SDN, Pre-pharmacy. Because of this, the topic is apparently worth discussing. Furthermore, I don't need the sarcasms. I would prefer to use this forum as a tool to aid me in any questions, concerns and information I can gain to help me make wiser choices and decisions on my career choice.

By the way, thanks to everyone who offered any valuable information towards my question.
 
First things first. I'm a "SHE"!!!!!! Secondly, why would I not ask advice on anything I am concerned about. This is a forum for this purpose, correct? To reiterate, this topic was not a concern of mine until I read a previous post on SDN, Pre-pharmacy. Because of this, the topic is apparently worth discussing. Furthermore, I don't need the sarcasms. I would prefer to use this forum as a tool to aid me in any questions, concerns and information I can gain to help me make wiser choices and decisions on my career choice.

By the way, thanks to everyone who offered any valuable information towards my question.

Well, I hope mine and 'some' of our replies helped.. once again, C really doesn't mean you are 'failing'.

Anyways, yes. It's not rare to see some sarcasm and I do not appreciate those too. It's time for you to filter good and bad one 🙂