General Admissions & OTCAS C / personal statement / st.augustine /

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Coco88

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am applying to St. Augustine's MOT program and have a "C" in anatomy and physiology II. However, the C I received was during an interesting time when I was living abroad and my husband received last minute deployment orders. I was wondering if this is something I could mention in my personal statement or if I would be better off retaking...Any help is appreciated.
 
If it were me, I think I'd mention it, but also retake it. I've heard that St. Augustine is very particular about prerequisite grades, especially anatomy and physio. I also heard that the program is one of the more intensive in terms of how much they go into anatomy and physio, so I think it'd be beneficial to retake the course.
 
I am pretty sure you should retake and aim for at least a B. There are plenty of spaces in the app process to address any issues.

Ali is right about Anatomy and Physio-they are very intense but is supposedly going through a revamp as the main professor retired and the ownership went to a company.

Also take the pre-anatomy class if they still offer it (when you get accepted 😉).
 
Last edited:
Thank you, I am just nervous because the C remains on the transcript even if I retake.....USA says they only factor in the higher one though.