CA-1 Outside the Match Offer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blesseddr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get some advice on this matter: I have received an Outside the Match offer from my #2 choice program. My choice#1 program will now let people know until January. I have to respond to this current offer and I have to accept but I was wondering what is the etiquette for potentially rejecting an Outside the Match offer if I do receive the one I want? :confused:

I hate to be in this position, if I had all the relevant information I would have made one choice. But the timing did not work out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is very reasonable for you to contact your #1 choice now. It is 12/22 after all. Only 8 days until January. Let them know the deal, and that you would really like to go there, but you need to know now. If they say no, then just jump on #2 now.

Easier said than done, but that's what I would do. Particularly if the gap between #1 and #2 isn't that big in your mind.

BNE