CA 2 Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lvmr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends.I finished my CA 1 yrear ago with full credit for 1 yr.My ITE and AKT is 84 percentile.I was feeling little stressed at the end of CA 1 year and there was a death in family and I was stressed out and changed my residency to Medicine.But I realised now I liked doing Anesthesia more and I miss it every day.Is there any way of getting CA 2 position starting from June this year.I contacted my original program but unfortunately they filled that spot.Will there be any possibility for CA2 in 2 yrs from now when I finish my present residency because I like doing Anes, more.I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You might try contacting the university of minnesota. I recently heard that they one of their CA-1's are leaving (unknown reason), so most likely there will be an opening starting July 2007. minnesota has a medium program with about 7 residents per year. Good luck.

You might also try Baystate Medical Center in Massachusetts. I believe they have an opening at the CA2 level for this July as well.