• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

uophopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hello,

I am going to start dental school in Fall and I was wondering if you all have info on how easy/hard it is to go to school at Maryland or BU and come to CA and pass the boards and practice. Do you know where I can get statistical info? Any info would be great!

organic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2002
Status (Visible)
There are always review courses for the CA clinical exam, if you want to be familiar with the exam format.

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by uophopeful
Hello,

I am going to start dental school in Fall and I was wondering if you all have info on how easy/hard it is to go to school at Maryland or BU and come to CA and pass the boards and practice. Do you know where I can get statistical info? Any info would be great!

After reading the first line "I am going to start dental school......"
I thought ur going to "start" a dental school:laugh: :laugh: ..

On second thought, I was wondering wouldn't be a cool idea :smuggrin:

About the Ads

Quick Slvr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2003
california
Status (Visible)
This information would really be helpfull to me also I might be going to BU ( 50 % of class is made of californians). I am going to try to e mail Bu and see if i can get any figures. I heard that for TUFTS about 65 % pass the CA Boards on their first try. Tufts also has a 12 hour review course for passing the CA Boards at the end of the fourth year. I am planning to come back to california and practice. Thanks for any help!!

bryan45876

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
Purdue University
Status (Visible)
Hey Quick Slvr,

Do you know why your class has such a high numbers of students from CA? Did they not want to stay in state?

-Bryan

futureD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 31, 2003
Status (Visible)
Yes...I too am looking for this information.

I will be at Maryland c/o 2008.

I am quite worried about passing the CA boards.

Quick Slvr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2003
california
Status (Visible)
Bryan,I am not sure why cali students make about 30 percent of the class. I think BU is one of the easier school to get in to and for Californians this could be one of their back up school if they dont get in to a school in cali.
I was thinking about going to BU, but i just sent my deposit for Tufts. Dr Shaw emailed me back and she said that people that graduate from Bu do well on their california boards. California students make about 30 percent of the class, sorry about the 50 %. I think that as long as you study your butt off and get all the procedecure down flawlessly you should have no problem.:)

cusp of carabelli

D.M.D.
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
new york, new york
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Quick Slvr
get all the procedecure down flawlessly you should have no problem.:)

i think the important part is not getting the procedure down properly per se...it's learning how to adapt your preps and procedures to the new ideas and ways that the CA boards like it done...i.e. parallel walls on amalgam preps rather than the converging walls taught at most every east coast school, 3/4 crowns, etc etc etc.... i guess what i mean to say is you can do what's considered great operative work by one person's standard and turn around to another person and they'll say it's a piece of crap...(one of the first lessons in dental school..) but yeah...like you said..with enough hard work we'll all pass the CA boards...and there are seminars on what the board examiners look for so yeah...just don't get stuck in a rut thinking there's only 1 way to do things and we'll all be fine...:clap:

Quick Slvr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2003
california
Status (Visible)
Thanks for making it clear cusp. My next question would be What can a out of state dentist do to pass the California boards on their first try??

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.