CA Fluoroscopy permit renewal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sand86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, which is the best resource to obtain CE credits for renewal of the CA fluoroscopy license? Also is this renewal required every 2 years and how many credits do we need? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
you need a permit? wow.....at least you can pee and poop on the street without one

Hi, which is the best resource to obtain CE credits for renewal of the CA fluoroscopy license? Also is this renewal required every 2 years and how many credits do we need? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

10 credits every 2 years
Required with every renewal

4 credits must be radiation safety related

I typically use the ASRT modules but they are not free.

I had a friend use uptodate and get CME through their articles.

Whatever works

Members don't see this ad :)
I think California needs a little more regulation...I'm sure they can form a regulatory taskforce and come up with a few more rules...It is probably a good idea to make anyone making over 100k per year to get some form of income license...Like you can't receive any dollars over 100k without the income license.

You should have to attend a govt run training course first.

Fun fact: in California if you stop renewing your fluoroscopy license for a few years and then decide you want it again you just pay a fee of something like $20 per year you missed up to 5 years then you have the license back without having to retake that awful test. Happened to me. Renewal was sent to the wrong address and I didn't have the license for two years! When I did a locum I needed the license and just paid some back fees and viola!

Fun fact: in California if you stop renewing your fluoroscopy license for a few years and then decide you want it again you just pay a fee of something like $20 per year you missed up to 5 years then you have the license back without having to retake that awful test. Happened to me. Renewal was sent to the wrong address and I didn't have the license for two years! When I did a locum I needed the license and just paid some back fees and viola!
oh wow i had no idea. great info. i won't take the risk, or maybe...

i just scrambled to get some "CME" to put on that stupid form. that was truly an awful exam. I sweat more bullets on that than my boards

Reactions: 1 user