CA license posted yet anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbv

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those who got the result sent out on 10/02/08, does your license get posted yet on the Board's website? I'm anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

my result was sent out 10/09, got it 10/11 sent the application the same day. Board got it 10/14 and up until now 10/22 its not posted yet..:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Stupid board always takes forever to do process things, oh i wish there was another organization out there. by we have no choice, but too wait. :mad::mad::mad:

Anyone got their results on 10/09/08 - have their license posted online yet? please share info. Thanks.

i checked my checking account today and the check issued cleared already. today. BUT, on DCA website its not in yet. i think DCA is lagging, not BOP. i hope DCA or whoever is responsible realizes that we have completed all requirements, paid any dues and its really frustrating why they have to delay such process, im working to almost 9 days now from the time of application.. with an intern rate.. im not happy. at all.

so i have another surprise letter today from BOP, now they are saying that i need to submit a new LiveScan since the last one had an error with it. how ridiculous is that?! they could've told me THAT when i turned it in a year ago when i submitted my application. so i decided just do the finger print again, $71, so its not cheap, then right before i left the live scan office, a lady came in saying she got a letter saying that the scan operator didnt do it right and she has to do it again, guess where it came from, yep, CA BOP. she is a tech i guess renewing her license. this is getting crazy.

I also receive the same letter, i am confused because I didn't have any problems with the finger scan. Why did they approved eligibility - i think the BOP should check this before ? man, so mad, they screw up all the time. Do you know how long it takes to get your license once you have completed the live scan? can we drive to the board to pick up the license in person once we submit the finger prints? i cannot wait any longer, so dam frustrated. it took them 6 months to get my application approved :mad::mad::mad:

please inform me if you have any answers to my questions! thanks.

well, it said on the colored paper that they will process all license in the manner they receive our application. so walking in wont help. maybe our applications are now affected since they screwed up on the LiveScan. i dont know what to tell you now. same question i have in my mind. WHEN CAN WE GET OUR LICENSE?? im sending the copy of LiveScan tonight overnight and be done with it. im tired waiting, im just pissed.

I did mine not so long ago - 3months. They never had any problems with it back then and why now? i waited 9 days for my license to be posted and to get this stupid letter from BOP, really really makes me pissed. I told my boss that i will get it on monday..now i am not sure if i still have that pharmacy position. I hope it doesn't take another few weeks.

What was the problem with your livescan and when did you do it? was it a year ago? was there any problems back then?

Do you who we can call/contact to follow up to check that everything is ok?

Your input is appreciated. I will let you know if i find out anything...pls give me your email and we can talk more. thanks.

I just rec'd my letter from the BOP that i passed both exams, dated 11/12. Mailed in my $150 check on 11/13...

How long is it taking for the CA Licenses to post? anyone know?
Thanks!!!!
good luck to those who are taking the exams soon!

It takes about 5 days once they have received your application (assuming your livescan was clear).

Members don't see this ad :)
About the live scan, I got mine done more than 3 years ago when I applied for my graduate intern license, and had it done again about one and half years ago when I applied for the exams (I wasn't sure if they needed it again, but I did it anyway). I finished my hours and qualified for NAPLEX/CPJE couple of months ago and took the NAPLEX on the 3rd of this month November, I expect to pass with a very high score... taking the CPJE next week.
I still have no NAPLEX results ! how long does it take? It's been more than 2 weeks.
Also do I need to take a new livescan when they ask me to pay for my license? Or will the same old ones on file do?

I'm thinking of just sending for a tech license now to start working while I wait for the actual license, also just in case there are unexpected issues. (intern license has a limit of 2 years and expired now).
But the way things are, it looks like it will take them as long to send me a tech license as the real license!! What do you think I should do? I got this idea while reading law, it says if one is qualified to take the board, they also qualify for a tech license.
I've been studying for months and I'm running out of cash/maxing out CC ... I can't affoard to wait any longer for NAPLEX, then CPJE results and license to post, or even possible livescan issues!!

OK back to studying law now ...
Thanks in advance.

BMBiology:thanks! at that rate, I'm hoping by Friday this week? (wishful thinking?) I'm thinking about calling them on Friday just to see if there are any LiveScan issues... i hope not!

SyrianPD:
RE: my NAPLEX: I took mine on 11/6 and got a letter saying I passed, dated 11/11- what a shocker! so fast!
When I applied to take the tests (sent in to the CA Board,) I did a livescan, as required on the application. I had to do a Livescan to get my intern license, but we had to do it AGAIN to apply to take our RPh exams. Random.
Once you get the letter from the board saying you've passed both exams, you pay another $150 for the licensure. I think that's when they mail you the RPh license as well as big ol' certificate, with the Governator's "autograph".

Good luck- don't study too long or too much- seriously- just be familiar w/ the format of the CPJE. it's a tad different from the NAPLEX.

BMBiology:thanks! at that rate, I'm hoping by Friday this week? (wishful thinking?) I'm thinking about calling them on Friday just to see if there are any LiveScan issues... i hope not!

Yes, that is a good idea. Even if your livescan was not cleared when you applied to the take the board exams, the Board of Pharmacy does not inform you of this until you passed the boards and applied for your pharmacist license.

I still have no NAPLEX results ! how long does it take? It's been more than 2 weeks.

SyrianPharmD:
I took the NAPLEX on 11/7 and got my results yesterday, 11/18. But, the letter was actually dated 11/11. (Post office took some time to redirect.)

Good luck with the CPJE. I too have been unemployed for a couple months now since I started studying for CA license. It sucks! But, I would wait until you get your results. Is it worth putting in an application for tech license if you'll only be working as a tech for one month? That option just seems more frustrating.

Ah, the lovely BOP.... I was hoping to talk to someone but they state that they're not returning calls unless your letter was mailed out over 45 days ago. "We are currently processing a high volume of pharmacy intern and pharmacist licenses"

so, i will wait. :)

Update--- for those of you waiting for CA results: my license JUST posted as of today! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! finally finally, the years have paid off!

Took CPJE: 11/1
Took NAPLEX: 11/6
Letter from board was dated 11/11, arrived 11/13
I mailed out check on 11/13 (quickest bill I ever paid, lol)
Issue date of license 11/20

Good luck to everyone else waiting!
:luck::luck::luck:

Hi Apteka...Congratulations!!!! Thank you very much for keeping us informed of your licensure process....I will take CPJE next week and hope I can pass and be licensed before Xmas...

Rx2008: thanks! & best of luck to you on the CPJE! Sounds like the BOP is 'on the ball' so sounds like you'll be getting your license definitely before x-mas!

Update--- for those of you waiting for CA results: my license JUST posted as of today! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! finally finally, the years have paid off!

Took CPJE: 11/1
Took NAPLEX: 11/6
Letter from board was dated 11/11, arrived 11/13
I mailed out check on 11/13 (quickest bill I ever paid, lol)
Issue date of license 11/20

Good luck to everyone else waiting!
:luck::luck::luck:
Apteka - Congratulations!!! :D Thanks so much for keeping us updated. It's always good to hear that the BOP is moving quickly...gives the rest of us more hope!

I got my NAPLEX results today. I took the test on Nov 3rd.
The letter was typed Nov15, mailed on Nov19 and I got it Nov21.
I'm taking the CPJE next and I hope to get licensed before Xmas!!

Good luck everyone!