CA2 illinois masonic center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mohanl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one has Idea about illionis masonic center.Why they they vacant spots available every year.

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup:
mohanl said:
Any one has Idea about illionis masonic center.Why they they vacant spots available every year.
Because they only fill the PGY1 spots through the match. CA1 (PGY2) onwards is done usually outside the match. It has nothing to do with them not 'filling' or anything. hope that helps :thumbup:

It should be noted that Masonic has had some serious departmental issues for some time now that are still unresolved. Makes one wonder.......And a fresh CA-1 just quite after 1 months time.

Members don't see this ad :)
After seeing the above post, I called PD's secretary (I know her well) about this. She states this is not true, so I'm not sure where you got your info. Clearly someone must be trying to sabotage their name by telling you this.

Unfortunately, rumors get created all too often when people retire. So I just have to dispel them. The program is strong. It's the only other Trauma One center in Chicago (aside of course County...which is a county hosp). It's a private hospital so there are a lot of state of the art surgeries performed there as well. Anxillary staff is friendly and the hospital is EXTREMELY efficient. STAT CXR means cxr done and on the computer to read in 5-10min.

Overall, I must say that this program will get you where you need to get to. The residents that have graduated from Masonic have no problems with obtaining fellowships. Most of all the residents are happy and get along with each other.

Info from others in CA-1 class. Person has submitted 90 day notice, position open in Oct, as seen on findaresident.com.

Anyone else care to chime in on the program? Do grads get good jobs in private practice? Locally, regionally, nationally?

Unfortunately, rumors get created all too often when people retire. So I just have to dispel them. The program is strong. It's the only other Trauma One center in Chicago (aside of course County...which is a county hosp). .

Other level 1 trauma centers in chicago include Northwestern, Christ, Loyola, Mt sainai, st francis, and Lutheran Gen. U of C has pediatric level 1 as does some of the other hospitals listed.

Other level 1 trauma centers in chicago include Northwestern, Christ, Loyola, Mt sainai, st francis, and Lutheran Gen. U of C has pediatric level 1 as does some of the other hospitals listed.

Not true if you are talking about Chicago proper. Most of the trauma goes to either Cook County, Mt. Sinai, or Masonic. From what I hear about the former two, scut work is ridiculous. From what I hear about Mt. Sinai, well let's just say pt's dont generally come out of there completely new. Point I'm trying to mk is that if you want a Trauma I center style training, but at a very modernized and efficient hosp (read almost no scutwork) then go to Masonic.

Just to let you know...

Loyola-is in Maywood
St. Francis- is in Evanston
Lutheran Gen-- I think Park Ridge
Christ- is in Oak Lawn
U of C-- is a level I trauma ONLY for peds