Quantcast

CAAPID- Good or Bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rathi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
HI
Universities are planning for a centralized application process. Is it good or bad for the students? Your input is largely appreciated.

IMPACT

Reaction score
CAAPID- will be open for applications only in June. we will perhaps know more once we start to use it ...Im not sure if we need to submit a set of documents to CAAPID and then again to every School...would try to call up international offices and find out more this week.
If the system is anything on lines of residency-match then it would save us all a whole load of worrying (about documents reaching in time). An ideal situation would be if we could submit one copy of personal statement, resume, application and scores to just CAAPID and then those guyz could put these online for all the schools to see..of course we would perhaps submit individual application fees to schools!

aim high

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone!

do you have any idea if ADEA CAAPID application is available online..they said it will be available from june 8...I just checked but cudnt find it....

any information about CAAPID will be appreciated..

thankyou very much..

IMPACT

Reaction score
hi everyone!

do you have any idea if ADEA CAAPID application is available online..they said it will be available from june 8...I just checked but cudnt find it....

any information about CAAPID will be appreciated..

thankyou very much..

I called them- was asked to check back after 5pm EST...application will be online by then.

dentousa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It s very very very Bad

As we need do sign latter of evalution in their special formate

and they chard more than $200
and plus schools application free plus banch exam fee

so wast of money

elra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It s very very very Bad

so wast of money

Did you mean personal statement?

elra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It s very very very Bad

so wast of money
Oh my God!

I just read that..
we need to submit letter of recommendations directly from the college.
Oh God ..its such a pain..Is that what they are talking about?? someone plz explain!

P

pandu

Hii,
I have a question about the status part of the application. I am on EAD (Employment Authorization Document), but they are asking for visa status. EAD as such is not a visa status. Does anyone have any idea as to what to enter in that section of the CAAPID application?

dentousa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hii,
I have a question about the status part of the application. I am on EAD (Employment Authorization Document), but they are asking for visa status. EAD as such is not a visa status. Does anyone have any idea as to what to enter in that section of the CAAPID application?
ask directly caapid there is contact number on web site

aim high

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!

I just called CAAPID about how we need to send the scores and transcripts..they said we shoud send all the scores to dental schools directly and send only transcripts and reco letters to CAAPID ..BUt when my friend called she was told that we shoud send our ECE score report along with transcripts to CAAPID ..

can any one please clear this
thankyou

BENNY4567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called CAAPID and they said we need to send our toefl/ndbe scores directly.But do we need to send only 1 personal statement and application or wat's its advantage then? If anybody can pls let me know ?

gaya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do we need only to send the letter of recommendation as given in the format .
is it not necessary to send the letter of recommendation directed to the program we are applying

Members don't see this ad :)

elra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can we submit ECE evaluation report by ourselves or should we request ECE directly to send the evaluation report to CAAPID?

UTHSC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
We need to submit transcript, ECE and reco letters( our format is ok as long as it is in a sealed original copy, no need to submit directly from our orginal Dental school) to caapid...one disadv...only 1 personal statement, it should be diff accor to the school...
NBDE and Toefl scores directly to the school...

aim high

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We need to submit transcript, ECE and reco letters( our format is ok as long as it is in a sealed original copy, no need to submit directly from our orginal Dental school) to caapid...one disadv...only 1 personal statement, it should be diff accor to the school...
NBDE and Toefl scores directly to the school...

Hi!

As far as i understood from the instruction i read for CAAPID application,under official dental school transcripts it was mentioned about ECE score report...so I think we need to send only our ECE score report and 3 recommendation letters to CAAPID along with trancript matching forms attached to them(these forms we can download from online application)

but now I am confused if we also need to send the transcripts of our dental school sealed by our university.

if any one could please clarify it for me that if we also need to include our official dental school transcripts along with ECE score report and 3 recommendation letters ,I will really appreciate it.
thankyou

P

pandu

Hi!

As far as i understood from the instruction i read for CAAPID application,under official dental school transcripts it was mentioned about ECE score report...so I think we need to send only our ECE score report and 3 recommendation letters to CAAPID along with trancript matching forms attached to them(these forms we can download from online application)

but now I am confused if we also need to send the transcripts of our dental school sealed by our university.

if any one could please clarify it for me that if we also need to include our official dental school transcripts along with ECE score report and 3 recommendation letters ,I will really appreciate it.
thankyou

Hi,
I called CAAPID and my understanding is that we do not have to send our transcripts to them. If you look in the links to individual schools, some of them are asking our mark sheets. So, I think we need to send them to schools only.

nysa

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
i called them today they told me to send ECE,transcripts,reco letters to them
no nbde,toefl score.

aim high

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I called CAAPID and my understanding is that we do not have to send our transcripts to them. If you look in the links to individual schools, some of them are asking our mark sheets. So, I think we need to send them to schools only.

thank you very much for clearing this out .

harvestmoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What about other supporting documents like work experience letters,certificates and such do we need to send them to CAAPID or directly to the colleges we are applying??:confused:

elra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,

One question..I already had my LOR in sealed envelopes when I came from India.
So how will I attach the Letter of Evaluation matching form with LOR. and they are asking the evaluator to fill in the form..So do we have to go bak to India for this?:scared:
And I dont have my professor's email addresses with me. So I dont know how to submit it.
Plz someone tell me how are you all doing this??:confused:

Thanx

elra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Plzz tell me wht you guys are doing with Letter of Evaluation Matching form..
plzzz

Members don't see this ad :)

BENNY4567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we need not to get so many reccomendation letters from our dean , only single letter from 3 persons will work, pls let me know.
thanx

oldmirage

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i guess CAAPID is not very beneficial as we have to submit almost all the documents and the application fees again to the individual programs...CAAPID is charging us $217 for the application and $68 for each program in which they are including just our evaluation report and LOR..i don't see any benefit..

P

pandu

i guess CAAPID is not very beneficial as we have to submit almost all the documents and the application fees again to the individual programs...CAAPID is charging us $217 for the application and $68 for each program in which they are including just our evaluation report and LOR..i don't see any benefit..

Absolutely,
I don't see their point in the whole process other than extract more money. We are still doing the same things that we did previously with additional payments piled on top for CAAPID.The medical students have the same process, but they don't pay any processing fee to each individual program!!!!!!!!! Not only are things getting harder but costlier too.:mad::mad::(

UTHSC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I said earlier, yr sealed reco letter would be fine, no need to attach the Letter of Evaluation matching form, this is what they told me on phone...call them again and make sure...

elra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I said earlier, yr sealed reco letter would be fine, no need to attach the Letter of Evaluation matching form, this is what they told me on phone...call them again and make sure...

ok...thanks a lot for the information!!:thumbup:

dmddds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
worst thing about it is that apart from doing everything else we would do without caapid. we are paying about $400 extra for 3-4 colleges apart from paying their fee.

oldmirage

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i had called up CAAPID today for the letters of evaluation. Strangely, the guy told me that it is ok if the evaluation letters are not original and in a sealed envelope. He told me that u can just put a copy of the letters along with the other documents. He told me that they realize its difficult for us to obtain the original ones from our institutions and so they would be accepting the copies. Did anyone else get such an answer?

rajvanhar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, im bit confuse about letter of evaluation in CAPPID online apllication, how to fill it out, can anybdy pls guide me a bit about it. thanx in advance.

imteeth

Reaction score
do we need to mention program name and dental school in SOP
that we submit in CAAPID online applcn....

mdumb

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Caapid is the new centralized application process beginning this year for Advanced Standing program for Foreign trained Dentists... get more details at
your website or follow a 7 part series

"what is ADEA CAAPID? for dental students: http://ping.fm/A6kHu"

Applying to ADEA CAAPID for dental studies in US: http://ping.fm/YTRmL

Fees... Evaluation...General procedures

and so on!!

Help N Be Helped!!

soriandra

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
do we need to mention program name and dental school in SOP
that we submit in CAAPID online applcn....

Of course you can't put any names of schools in there if they ask for one and then they will distribute it to all the schools you selected. just write in "your school/your university" or something like that and it will be fine.

IMPACT

Reaction score
Moderators,
Can we please get all the CAAPID threads as one unified sticky thread at start of this forum? This would help consolidate all the various experiences and opinions. Also since CAAPID is the next big thing in international dental admissions,(with more schools joining in next year) its perhaps as important a topic as knowing about the various dental schools/transcripts/boards.
Thanks for your help.

IMPACT

Reaction score
It would be interesting to find out how it compares to the dental MATCH/PASS, the fact that we still have to submit scores and TOEFL seperately to individual schools of course makes me wonder if this is another ingenious scheme to fleece the internationals applicants-of course, they can always claim they this way they would avoid anyfraudulent entries- well! in this case what about ECE scores and Letters of Recommendations ? are they not important or what OR that they dont care if the entries are fraud or not?
USMLE has a robust match system and those guyz it seems can submit everything in one place with a single deadline! Wonder why don't the ADA-ADEA catch up/exchange notes with their medico peers!