CAAPID Recommendations

Started by svarp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

svarp

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is a better recommendation for CAAPID application? A Professor from a dental school I studied around six years back or a US Community Dental Clinic I volunteered at? Any suggestions?
 
Thanks @oralcare123. I have the dean and the US dentist letter. For the third letter, I am thinking of another US Dental Health Clinic I volunteered at. But not sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually, it is a volunteer-based organization where I am volunteering as a dental assistant for last one year and have done more than 100 hours of service with them. I have assisted many other volunteer dentists at their dental clinic and the Oral Health Manager who is also an RDH has agreed to give me a recommendation letter for the school. Would that make a good recommendation apart from my dean and the US dentist? I am worried because I graduated from dental school six years back and the professor may not remember me well to write a letter. Hence this alternative. Suggestions?
 
Actually, it is a volunteer-based organization where I am volunteering as a dental assistant for last one year and have done more than 100 hours of service with them. I have assisted many other volunteer dentists at their dental clinic and the Oral Health Manager who is also an RDH has agreed to give me a recommendation letter for the school. Would that make a good recommendation apart from my dean and the US dentist? I am worried because I graduated from dental school six years back and the professor may not remember me well to write a letter. Hence this alternative. Suggestions?
It is fine unless the school is adamant on getting a letter from a former instructor. I know UCLA is very particular. At the same time you can just use whatever you are able to get ahold of and explain in the application