CAAPID SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swadesfan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an international dentist trying to apply to multiple programs through CAAPID. I have few questions about the SOP. I understand that I need to write a generic SOP that will go under the Supporting Documents which is visible to all programs that I have added.

Let’s say, I submit my SOP and apply to one program (College A). I understand that once I submit the application, I cannot make any changes to the SOP. After the application, either I didn’t get accepted at College A or I felt that I could have written better SOP.

Can I change or submit new SOP for the College B application? Or am I stuck with the original one? Do I have to wait for the next cycle (year) before I can submit new SOP as a re-applicant?

Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

You need one GOOD SOP. One.
Invest in having a native speaker, preferably English teacher or similar, review and edit it
It has to be genuine so refrain from buying one, because it will be easily noticeable

Thank you for your reply. I wrote my SOP on my own and I am definitely not purchasing written one. I had a friend review it as well.

So, I am guessing that the application cycle is from March to February and for this I can only have one SOP. For the next cycle starting in March, I would be considered re-applicant and I can upload new (latest) SOP and recommendations letter. Is that correct? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a friend of mine who helps writing.

Thank you for your reply. I wrote my SOP on my own and I am definitely not purchasing written one. I had a friend review it as well.

So, I am guessing that the application cycle is from March to February and for this I can only have one SOP. For the next cycle starting in March, I would be considered re-applicant and I can upload new (latest) SOP and recommendations letter. Is that correct? Thanks
It makes sense to modify your SOP when re-applying. Add new experiences, volunteering, CE, whatever you did during that year. Adcoms definitely look for changes

Thank you both for replying. I have reached out to ADEA CAAPID help via chat multiple times. First few times they just told me I can have only one SOP. May be I didn't ask the question correctly. Yesterday, a representative told me I can have only one SOP for each cycle (March to February). Then, I can submit improved version with new experience, volunteering for the next cycle if needed.
Thanks.