CACREP PhD CES Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smv681

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, all.

Has anyone been able to transfer between ounselor Education & Supv PhD programs (both CACREP accredited)? Or, knows if CACREP supports that.
It seems I will have to start the online CACREP program for about a year or part time two years (due to federal job commitment), and then try to transfer to one of the campus programs (not limited by geographic location).
Any tips or general information would be helpful.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm i've never heard of anyone being able to transfer programs at the PhD level. Typically on campus programs are very structured, providing cohort models, and following a particular set schedule. On-campus programs also accept students based on the amount of funding that they have (at least good programs do---you should NOT be paying for a PhD), so I don't know how they would work out accepting a transfer student.
I would recommend waiting or finding a program that would allow for on campu part time study. I would also stay away from online programs-- especially if you want to be marketable after graduating and applying for faculty position (assuming that's why you would pursue a CES PhD).
Best of luck!!!! Great to hear that you are looking at CACREP programs!