Cal State Long Beach DPT program - current students or alumni

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rasturte

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was accepted to the CSULB DPT program for summer 2016. It is currently the only program I have been accepted to and I am on the waitlist for a few others.

There is not a lot of detailed information about the program on their website. In fact, many of their pages are under construction with no information at all. I have reached out to them and requested more information, but was only given the same stuff on the website. I am an out-of-applicant, so I did not attend any information session that may have been offered, nor was I invited for an interview.

Other programs I have interviewed at have provided me with lots of detailed information and strong points, so it makes it really hard to compare CSULB to the others, and to decide whether or not I want to risk declining or settling. So far I just feel like they are not selling themselves very well to me, like they don't even care whether or not I accept. Also, I know in recent years the Cal State system has had some budget issues, which I'm worried could affect the quality of my education.

So I'm reaching out to current and former students - how do you like the program? Do you feel like it prepared you well (or that you will be appropriately prepared) for a job? Were you able to find a job easily after graduating? Did anyone land a job outside of California? Do/did you feel like the faculty were supportive? What are the clinicals like? I could write so many more questions but, that would take forever - I'll leave it up to you to bring up any points you feel are important.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a second year in CSULB's DPT program. Feel free to shoot me an email with all your questions. My email address is [email protected]

- Matt D