Cal, UCLA, Davis, Cal Poly SLO, or UCSB pre-physical therapy undergrad

Started by danajacobs
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

danajacobs

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I'm a senior in high school trying to choose a college. I've narrowed my choices down to Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, Cal Poly SLO, and UC Santa Barbara. My goal is to get my DPT degree at UCSF and I want to go to the school that will make me the most competitive candidate to get into UCSF for the graduate program. I'm having a tough time deciding if the prestige of Berkeley will pay off, especially since I got Regents scholarships at Davis and UCSB, which means I'll get priority registration for classes. I'm fairly certain that I'll be happy at any of the schools, I would just love your opinions on which would best prepare me for getting a DPT. Oh and please let me know if I've left anything out that I should include.

Thanks so much!

Dana
 
Hi guys,

I'm a senior in high school trying to choose a college. I've narrowed my choices down to Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, Cal Poly SLO, and UC Santa Barbara. My goal is to get my DPT degree at UCSF and I want to go to the school that will make me the most competitive candidate to get into UCSF for the graduate program. I'm having a tough time deciding if the prestige of Berkeley will pay off, especially since I got Regents scholarships at Davis and UCSB, which means I'll get priority registration for classes. I'm fairly certain that I'll be happy at any of the schools, I would just love your opinions on which would best prepare me for getting a DPT. Oh and please let me know if I've left anything out that I should include.

Thanks so much!

Dana

Wrong area to post this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aaaah, I'm sorry guys! I'll go to the right forum. Thanks for correcting me!

No problem. I'm actually a UCSB alumni, so I may be biased, but that's where I'd go if you want good academics, lifestyle, and location. UCSD for less lifestyle but similar location.
 
Cal Berkeley. Not cuz I know anything about prephys there.. but cuz its such an awesome school. Flashback of memories.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
 
No problem. I'm actually a UCSB alumni, so I may be biased, but that's where I'd go if you want good academics, lifestyle, and location. UCSD for less lifestyle but similar location.

Arbor, this is sort of off-topic, but were you accepted to UVMCOM?