Calculated GPA using AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumpman87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA considering all classes, including the repeated courses, my GPA is a 2.71. My real question is should I hold off on applying due to the fact of my low GPA??
But considering that this Spring Semester my GPA was a 3.69 for the semester which shows I have been improving(which I hear is something that dental schools are looking for), and that I hope of achieveing atleast 20+ on the DAT due to the way I have been studying for the DAT.

Should I apply??

Members don't see this ad.

Considering you only need to wait less than a month for your spring grades I would definitely wait. What would the gpa difference be?
2.7-2.8 is borderline for getting accepted. You need to get a great DAT score.
Under-represented minority by any chance?

Well That 2.71 GPA was calculated using my spring semester grades. Two extra things I am a hispanic born outside the U.S., and also I have three family members who went and graduated from the dental school which is my #1 choice. Would any of those things help?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should first take DAT and see how well you do on it.

Well That 2.71 GPA was calculated using my spring semester grades. Two extra things I am a hispanic born outside the U.S., and also I have three family members who went and graduated from the dental school which is my #1 choice. Would any of those things help?

That depends on what school it is.

bust your a$$ on the DAT (think 21+) and get some killer reccs.

I am in a similar position (GPA hovering around 3.1-3.2). I will be applying to 10-15 schools