Calculating science GPA, do my classes count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldent7

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first question is if science GPA will count masters programs grades like overall GPA does, or is it only undergrad grades?

If it counts masters grades too, I'm a little torn on whether or not some of my classes will count as a science class. all my classes I'm taking start with microbiology, but some of them are classes like journal club, research ethics, or clinical cases. Is science GPA only considering anything that starts with micro or does it depend on the actual name of the class?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

My first question is if science GPA will count masters programs grades like overall GPA does, or is it only undergrad grades?

If it counts masters grades too, I'm a little torn on whether or not some of my classes will count as a science class. all my classes I'm taking start with microbiology, but some of them are classes like journal club, research ethics, or clinical cases. Is science GPA only considering anything that starts with micro or does it depend on the actual name of the class?

Thanks in advance!
In terms of what is reported in all the official guides, they generally only report undergraduate grades (I have to confirm for AADSAS) for overall cumulative and science/BCP. However, in your application, graduate GPA's are available for overall and science within that group as well. Classify the courses as best as you can based on the content of the courses; contact AADSAS for any questions about how journal club is marked if you have it recorded as a class on your transcript.

Reactions: 1 user