1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Calculating Science GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dr. Ortho, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Dr. Ortho

Dr. Ortho Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    How do you calculate your science GPA? Is it just based off all your grades from organic chemistry, chemistry, physics, and biology? Or do you include Biochemistry too if that is a requirement (i.e. at Tufts it is). Or is your science GPA calculated from all of the required classes plus all the science classes in your major? For example, I am an exercise science major. So does my science GPA include all the science classes for that as well? If anyone knows anything about how to do this that would be great. (Or if there is already a thread about how to do this could someone direct me to it?) Thanks!! :D :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sheikha9

sheikha9 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry

Yea I'm also confused about how to calculate the sci gpa? Im a bio major so I have A LOT of sci classes?

4. cgDDS

cgDDS Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The science GPA calculation includes any science or math class you have ever taken....AADSAS has a list of what subjects fit into the "science" category...but for the most part it really includes every science class a college can offers...for example, before i switched to a science major I took two gen-ed science classes (one was about plants and the other was a nutrition class) and they both made it onto my science GPA....