Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CALCULUS I

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by wander, Jun 23, 2002.

1. wander

wander Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Do I really need to take calc to be competitive? I do not want to take it if I do not have to. Also, I was born in the Dominican Republic and I know I'm not consider an URM but are there any school that would give preference to those of hispanic descent?

2. pbehzad

pbehzad Faddayy
    7+ Year Member

i would take calculus. it shows that you can think critically. to my understanding if you want to go to the competitive med schools (duke, stanford, etc.) they require calc 1 and calc 2. i think calc does make you look more competitive.
    hope that helps, good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. efex101

efex101 attending
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yes there are schools that take into account your Hispanic heritage. Check individual websites for more information, most schools break it down to URM versus non-URM matriculants. Good luck!

4. Modnar

Modnar Mmm... workahol
    7+ Year Member

There are some schools that will accept statistics instead of calculus. Check the websites of the ones you're interested in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...