Cali to Philly for post-bac.... bringing a car?

Started by audramill
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

audramill

miss akay
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm begining to look into the cost of moving my Subaru. Do I want to drive it across the country or pay to have it shipped? Has anyone gotten into this issue yet? How much does it cost to ship a car? I sort of want to drive across country because I've never done it. Is there anyone who wants to do the drive with me from SF to Philly??? 😛
 
audramill said:
I'm begining to look into the cost of moving my Subaru. Do I want to drive it across the country or pay to have it shipped? Has anyone gotten into this issue yet? How much does it cost to ship a car? I sort of want to drive across country because I've never done it. Is there anyone who wants to do the drive with me from SF to Philly??? 😛

you can pick me up in houston and drop me off in D.C. That's along the way right?

Tooth
 
audramill said:
I'm begining to look into the cost of moving my Subaru. Do I want to drive it across the country or pay to have it shipped? Has anyone gotten into this issue yet? How much does it cost to ship a car? I sort of want to drive across country because I've never done it. Is there anyone who wants to do the drive with me from SF to Philly??? 😛

i'm shipping my car from SF to DC and it costs way over $1000
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We, the cali people, are very similar. I'm doing the same thing (transporting my car cross country)! Please post any deals that you guys come across.
 
I'll help you find a parking spot when you get here... I've got great parking Karma so just let me know... 😀
 
wannabedoc34 said:
We, the cali people, are very similar. I'm doing the same thing (transporting my car cross country)! Please post any deals that you guys come across.

I am moving to Philly too from LA though (the best large city in Cali).
I am not taking my car though b/c I will be staying on campus (in those sorry ass graduate housing dorms. You definitely do not get your $ worth there). If I were staying outside of Center City, though, I would take my car.

where are you attending school?
 
I am selling my car... I am from cali too... It is expensive to park and I have heard that the public transit is pretty good... Just going to rough it on the SEPTA and others for a while...