California doctor who ran opioid pill mill convicted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Kemprud charged $79 per visit and churned out prescriptions so quickly he would see at least 30 patients in a day.

When your pill mill game is weak

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Kemprud charged $79 per visit and churned out prescriptions so quickly he would see at least 30 patients in a day.

Maybe he was only working part-time.

Members don't see this ad :)

this dude is 78 years old, he ain't getting any prison time and doesn't care if he ever practices again. so let's see how much $$ he gets fined because he may end up profiting from all this

Only 30 a day? How is that a pill mill? Some of you see more than that lol

Reactions: 3 users
Only 30 a day? How is that a pill mill? Some of you see more than that lol
the 30 a day clearly isn't. however, sounds like he was not doing anything else (UDS, rx monitoring...).

I do always worry when stories talk about a PE, as though there is a correct PE to determine that a patient is appropriate for opioids.

Reactions: 1 user
Back of a nail salon. Haha 30 patients/day is nothing and a red herring.

Back of a nail salon.
How else would you get your mani-pedi-oxy on?

Back of a nail salon. Haha 30 patients/day is nothing and a red herring.

Back of a nail salon.
$79 is about the cost of a deluxe pedicure so I imagine this was the ultra luxe pedicure with oxy add on

Yeah if this guy was trying to be shady he should have fully committed, gone for 500per visit cash pay. It’s not like the dea is going to go easy on him because he charged 79$.

Yeah if this guy was trying to be shady he should have fully committed, gone for 500per visit cash pay. It’s not like the dea is going to go easy on him because he charged 79$.

Being the Dollar Tree of pill mills sounds like hell to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It’s literally the dumbest thing he could have done. Break the law, sell your soul, hurt people, attract the dea, incur legal risk and not get rich.

It’s literally the dumbest thing he could have done. Break the law, sell your soul, hurt people, attract the dea, incur legal risk and not get rich.

A lot of these guys actually think they are doing the right thing (despite obviously doing everything wrong). They have a savior complex. There's also interesting neurobiology to self-deception...

Reactions: 1 users
Ah, now this is more like it.

The owner who ran a $3 million Miami pill mill and the doctors who prescribed for him​

“Patients paid $200 to $250 for an oxycodone prescription. Palacios paid the doctors $60 to $120 for each prescription”

All oxycodone 30mg. I think Oxy 30 is almost pathognomonic for “I have a drug problem.”

I always found it troublesome when they asked for “Roxies”

I still remember coming out of fellowship and everyone was looking for jobs. Someone found a practice being sold in LA, that was $2m+ per year in income. They called and asked about it. The only service the practice offered was dilaudid infusions and cash pay only!!! This was 10+ years ago.

I still remember coming out of fellowship and everyone was looking for jobs. Someone found a practice being sold in LA, that was $2m+ per year in income. They called and asked about it. The only service the practice offered was dilaudid infusions and cash pay only!!! This was 10+ years ago.
Well, at least they aren't overdosing in the clinic...