California DPT 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starxshadow

Reaction score
Hi guys! Just thought I would start a thread for those who are applying to DPT programs in California. Feel free to share your stats, where you applied, or if you've heard anything from those schools!

I applied to CSUN, CSULB, Chapman, MSMU, USAHS, Western, WCU, and LLU! So far, I just completed a virtual interview with USAHS and have an upcoming interview with LLU and an upcoming virtual interview with WCU.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, thanks for starting this thread! I applied to a lot of the same schools, except MSMU, USAHS, and LLU. I have my WCU virtual interview soon as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Just thought I would give everyone an update. I got accepted to USAHS San Marcos and had my interview with LLU! Haven't heard back from other programs yet, besides that they have received my application. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just thought I would give everyone an update. I got accepted to USAHS San Marcos and had my interview with LLU! Haven't heard back from other programs yet, besides that they have received my application. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi! Could you share what your interview was like with USAHS?

Hi! Could you share what your interview was like with USAHS?
Hi! I had my virtual interview with St. Augustine on 10/3 and was offered acceptance on 10/11. The interview was pretty straightforward. They start the first 30 minutes discussing the program and what the school has to offer. Then we are broken up into groups of two applicants paired with one faculty member, who asked us generic questions such as tell me about yourself, why did you choose USAHS, what can you bring to your cohort, etc. We also got asked to provide an example of how we overcame adversity, but other than that it was very conversational. No trick questions. The last 30 minutes of the interview, they go over clinical rotations, financial aid, and any questions you may have.

Hi! I had my virtual interview with St. Augustine on 10/3 and was offered acceptance on 10/11. The interview was pretty straightforward. They start the first 30 minutes discussing the program and what the school has to offer. Then we are broken up into groups of two applicants paired with one faculty member, who asked us generic questions such as tell me about yourself, why did you choose USAHS, what can you bring to your cohort, etc. We also got asked to provide an example of how we overcame adversity, but other than that it was very conversational. No trick questions. The last 30 minutes of the interview, they go over clinical rotations, financial aid, and any questions you may have.

Thank you for sharing! I have my application review on the 7th. Hopefully I can get an interview soon after

Hi guys! Just thought I would start a thread for those who are applying to DPT programs in California. Feel free to share your stats, where you applied, or if you've heard anything from those schools!

I applied to CSUN, CSULB, Chapman, MSMU, USAHS, Western, WCU, and LLU! So far, I just completed a virtual interview with USAHS and have an upcoming interview with LLU and an upcoming virtual interview with WCU.

hi yall, i got invited for the Chapman University Kira Assessment! does anyone have any insight on it and how to prepare for it? thanks :)

Thank you for starting this thread!

I applied to CSUN, UOP, Fresno, Sac State, Western Health, Northern Arizona, and UAMS. I have an interview scheduled for UOP and Fresno State. I have also heard back from Northern Arizona. Good luck everyone!

Hello!
I applied to CSULB, CSUN, Sac State, Fresno State, Samuel Merritt, Western, USAHS, Chapman, Midwestern, and NAU. Just got accepted to Chapman (summer) and I have upcoming interviews for CSUN, Fresno, Western, and Midwestern!
Good Luck yall!

Hello!
I applied to CSULB, CSUN, Sac State, Fresno State, Samuel Merritt, Western, USAHS, Chapman, Midwestern, and NAU. Just got accepted to Chapman (summer) and I have upcoming interviews for CSUN, Fresno, Western, and Midwestern!
Good Luck yall!
When did you hear from CSUN?

Hi!

I applied to CSULB, CSUN, Sacramento State, UCSF, ATSU, Oregon State, and NAU
I got waitlisted at NAU, accepted to ATSU, and have an interview for Oregon State!!
Still waiting to hear from other schools but I got an email saying my CSULB application is in final review so fingers crossed!
Good luck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi everyone! I applied to St.Aug, Fresno State, CSUN, UCSF, TTECH, Long Beach, LLU. I have gotten into LLU and received interview for St.Aug, Fresno State,UCSF, and Texas tech. I have not heard back from Northridge or Long Beach.

Hello!
Good Luck yall!
Congrats on getting accepted to Chapman! How soon after your kira assessment did you hear back from them? I did mine too weeks ago and am waiting for a response.

Hi everyone! I applied to St.Aug, Fresno State, CSUN, UCSF, TTECH, Long Beach, LLU. I have gotten into LLU and received interview for St.Aug, Fresno State,UCSF, and Texas tech. I have not heard back from Northridge or Long Beach.
Congrats on your acceptance! I also got accepted to LLU! If I don't get into my top school, then I'm almost positive will be attending LLU.

Still waiting on responses from Long Beach, CSUN, Chapman (completed a kira assessment), MSMU, and Western

Hello Ngo, have you done the interview, and if so how was it and do you have any advice on how to prepare for it.

Thank you!
Hi, I have not taken it yet, will most likely take it within the next week or so. I took a kira assessment for Chapman, however I'm certain CSUN's questions wont be the same. For Chapman, I utilized the kira assessment practice feature as well as just practicing answering commonly asked interview questions/situational questions and just think about all the experiences you've had!
Good luck!

Congrats on getting accepted to Chapman! How soon after your kira assessment did you hear back from them? I did mine too weeks ago and am waiting for a response.
Thank you! I took both summer and fall assessments on November 24th and heard back December 1st for the summer, so exactly 7 days! I was reading around (but not too sure if the information is true) that they roll out letters for the Fall cohort in January.
Best of luck!

Hi all! Just came here to say good luck!

I applied to most public California programs last year and a few public schools. I ended up at Fresno State! If anyone has any questions about the interviews, feel free to reach out to me! I had interviews at UOP, Fresno State, and UCSF. You can reach out via email: [email protected]

Thank you! I took both summer and fall assessments on November 24th and heard back December 1st for the summer, so exactly 7 days! I was reading around (but not too sure if the information is true) that they roll out letters for the Fall cohort in January.
Best of luck!
I spoke to Anu, the admissions manager, and she said the same thing about sending out admissions in January for the Fall cohort.

Hi,
I applied to WCU, Western, Fresno State, CSUN and Sacramento. I was invited to interview at all of them except Sacramento State. So far I’ve only completed the WCU interview and I’m still waiting to hear back from them. Good luck everyone and keep us updated on acceptances :)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know anything about the DPT program at University of the Pacific in Stockton?

Never been there and don’t know anyone from there.
Was scheduled for their interview for mid Jan.

I heard back from Chapman for their summer cohort in mid December for their waitlist. Haven’t heard back for their fall cohort yet!
i submitted my enrollment deposit for chapman summer and just got an email from chapman yesterday saying that they withdrew my fall application because of that. You’ll probably hear back from them pretty soon! Hope you get in!

Has anyone heard from Long Beach? I tried doing some research and it looks like previous years decisions were sent around the 15th/16th

Has anyone heard from Long Beach? I tried doing some research and it looks like previous years decisions were sent around the 15th/16th
I JUST got a decision email less than an hour ago. Low tier waitlisted, unfortunately, but I got into a program that I considered to be a reach school, so I’m going there. Best of luck to you!

I JUST got a decision email less than an hour ago. Low tier waitlisted, unfortunately, but I got into a program that I considered to be a reach school, so I’m going there. Best of luck to you!
I was also placed on the low tier waitlisted!

I got low tier waitlist as well. But I have already committed to a dpt school too. Best of luck to everyone!

Just got waitlisted to Western (Pomona), they got back to me 2 days after the interview!

I received acceptance for CSUN which was my top choice, I will be forfeiting my seat at WCU. Hopefully that frees up a spot for any of you who are interested!

Congrats!!! i’m still waiting to hear back
Hey guys! Congrats to everyone and their acceptances!
I just heard back from CSUN today and their cohort is full but not necessarily sure if it was a waitlist/rejection email that I got

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone and their acceptances!
I just heard back from CSUN today and their cohort is full but not necessarily sure if it was a waitlist/rejection email that I got
yeah same, I heard from other people that they actually got a separate email to join the waitlist but I never got one :/

yeah same, I heard from other people that they actually got a separate email to join the waitlist but I never got one :/
That is definitely something good to know! Well I guess it was a rejection email instead, but it is okay!
Is anyone for sure going to West Coast?

That is definitely something good to know! Well I guess it was a rejection email instead, but it is okay!
Is anyone for sure going to West Coast?
I guess I’ll turn down my offer from WCU