California FM ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Logitech

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

ROL deadline coming up. I'm still undecided on my ROL, so was wondering if others could offer some advice. Anyone applying to FM in Cali? How do you plan on ranking these programs and what are some programs you would rank? Good luck with the match. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am in the same situation, which programs you interviewed at? Are you a Foreign Medical Grad?

I liked a lot of the programs in CA, and thus, am having a hard time ranking. I know people say to rank the programs according to how I feel I would fit into the place and whether or not I would get along with the people in the program, but these are difficult distinctions as people were nice wherever I interviewed. However, my top choices for now are: Methodist, Sutter, San Jose, and Modesto. I would be happy to attend any of these programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep changing my ROL almost on a daily basis, but top contenders are: Ventura
Harbor UCLA
Long Beach Memorial
Scripps Chula Vista
They're all great places and each one has pluses and minuses and since I'm married I have to compromise with my husband on location to his job in the LA area.
Ventura- awesome, kick butt program. tons of ER. but do I really need all the surgery and OB experience if I'm probably going to be a city girl?
Long Beach-great attendings, the happiest residents I've been around, great teaching. Less community involvement, less ER.
Harbor-County. Tons of community involvement. Almost all underserved.
Scripps-best of what Harbor and Long Beach offer in a small unopposed program. Far from husband's work location.

I can't seem to make a decision. Anyone have any insights/words of wisdom on the above places??

@logitech-
I wud agree that Methodist is a good program, I think i was not able to impress them enough or they were simply not interested in me. Are you an American grad??
I just wish I had ivs at Sanjose and Modesto cus both are really close to me.
All the best!!