California Northstate College of Pharmacy entering Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daenerys94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
WELCOME! Starting a thread for CNUCOP class of 2022. Got my acceptance this month! Anyone else here?

Members don't see this ad.

WELCOME! Starting a thread for CNUCOP class of 2022. Got my acceptance this month! Anyone else here?
Not yet! Although, I did interview last Friday, so I just have to be patient and wait hahaha!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have an interview on the 16th! Any tips? I have seen that they do a mini-interview type format. Are there multiple faculty that will interview applicants? Also any essay portion or tips? Thanks!!!

Hi I have an interview on the 16th! Any tips? I have seen that they do a mini-interview type format. Are there multiple faculty that will interview applicants? Also any essay portion or tips? Thanks!!!
The interview itself is very relaxed and comfortable. They essentially want to get to know you. There are two different interview sessions with either a professor and/or pharm student. There is an essay but they just want to see if you can make a claim and justify it with reasons. Just be yourself and answer the question they give you at the best you can.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted to California northstate for Class of 2022 on Friday! I have 14 days to turn in my forms and I'm stuck on which student loan I should apply for?

I got accepted to California northstate for Class of 2022 on Friday! I have 14 days to turn in my forms and I'm stuck on which student loan I should apply for?

Hi! So i recently applied for a couple, I was really avoiding the Sally Mae ones bc they are pretty high on the interest rate. I found a fixed rate from iHelp for 6.95% and a 6 month grace period (i applied for that). I also applied for the Tristar F5X (that also had a fixed rate). The only Sally Mae one I applied for was one with a variable rate from 3-8% (something around that) just in case. Also apply for all your loans on the same day so it doesnt hurt your credit score too much :)

For those of you that are planning to attend, do you guys not mind the loans? Where else did you apply?

Have any of you guys talked to recent graduates or current P3/P4 students about their experience with CNUCOP outside without any admins nearby? Where are they working at after graduation, have they paid off their loans, etc. Is CNUCOP a legitimate university, not like a repeat of Devry university, Trump University, etc? I was researching about Dean Hieu Tran, and something just smells fishy. As of right now, I see that he has open three college pharmacy in such a short amount of time, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine pharmacy, Sullivan University, and CNU, all of which he was the founding dean and a for-profit college, and he left shortly after preliminary/full accreditation just to open another pharmacy school. In addition, the student reviews from these colleges talk about being milked for money and the administration does not care about it's students. I am a current UC student, went to the open house yesterday, and I like it but something does not feel right. During the student panel questioning, I feel the pharmacy students are under-pressure to promote the school instead of telling us the truth and didn't get a chance to talk to them outside since they shortly left after the panel. I have tried to search online for any student YouTube vlogs or forums about the school, but have come up with nothing except class projects/fair events.

Reactions: 1 users
Have any of you guys talked to recent graduates or current P3/P4 students about their experience with CNUCOP outside without any admins nearby? Where are they working at after graduation, have they paid off their loans, etc. Is CNUCOP a legitimate university, not like a repeat of Devry university, Trump University, etc? I was researching about Dean Hieu Tran, and something just smells fishy. As of right now, I see that he has open three college pharmacy in such a short amount of time, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine pharmacy, Sullivan University, and CNU, all of which he was the founding dean and a for-profit college, and he left shortly after preliminary/full accreditation just to open another pharmacy school. In addition, the student reviews from these colleges talk about being milked for money and the administration does not care about it's students. I am a current UC student, went to the open house yesterday, and I like it but something does not feel right. During the student panel questioning, I feel the pharmacy students are under-pressure to promote the school instead of telling us the truth and didn't get a chance to talk to them outside since they shortly left after the panel. I have tried to search online for any student YouTube vlogs or forums about the school, but have come up with nothing except class projects/fair events.

it's a for-profit school. At least you can't get federal student loan when you study there. I think they're trying to admit every applicant. If you have a better choice, go for the better choice.

I just got accepted. I do not know if school full accredition untill when?
For profit, I do not think they are under profit. They have limit class size, so they will accept the student who are qualify. I think their curriculum is good, team base learning major.

Some people can open the page on facebook, so that I can join with

I just got accepted. I do not know if school full accredition untill when?
For profit, I do not think they are under profit. They have limit class size, so they will accept the student who are qualify. I think their curriculum is good, team base learning major.

Their pharmacy program is accredited. Their class size used to be good, but then they got greedy and started accepting a larger class size. Last year's class had about 135, which is much higher than they have accepted in the past. The number trickled down to, I think, 125 after the white coat. Probably when people heard back from other programs they applied to.

CNU is a degree mill and is at best a 5th tier pharmacy school in CA. Avoid at all costs.

Regardless of the reputation, I am still going to be interviewing this week. What types of questions do they ask? If anyone has insight it would be greatly appreciated :-]

Hey! This is super late, but if you’re still deciding on attending, or for anyone else who wants to know this info. I currently attend CNUCOP. To answer your questions, yes most students find work after graduation. Some do residencies. I know a lot of students who work in retail. I don't think you'll have trouble finding a job. As far as paying off loans goes, it just depends on you. The interest rates are really high though, for the loans the school offers. A lot of students had spouses and family that helped them out. You can't be poor and go to school here. It's a struggle. TRUST ME. Lol. I worked a lot throughout the years and took out loans only for what I needed and made monthly payments. So it is doable, but it's stress that you could live without. Accreditation-wise, the school is legit. Yes, the dean seems super sketch and the whole administration is really greedy.

I totally understand feeling like everything is sugar coated for potential students. While, the students at the school are pretty capable individuals, the ones who do recruitment for the school definitely paint it in a different picture. On my interview day, I felt great after meeting and speaking with current students, but once I started going there I got to know some of the P2/P3s and realized the school is kinda sketch. Yes, back then the school was newer but things really haven't changed. I honestly thought about leaving because the school's admin is sketch and the way they did things overall were so stressful. I kinda just laid low and ignored everything, did my work, and soon I'll be out of there.

Regardless of the reputation, I am still going to be interviewing this week. What types of questions do they ask? If anyone has insight it would be greatly appreciated :-]

They ask pretty basic questions. The interview almost seems like a joke. I wouldn’t stress too much about it. The questions pertain mostly to leadership, working in teams, how you work as an individual, past experiences. They ask about your personal characteristics. Also, have good questions to ask them. Then one essay question which is pretty simple. You’re given a scenario and basically write an argument either in support of or against the topic. Pretty simple.

Last edited: