California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm interesting question. I do not think they will reach max capacity on waitlist because many students are not aware of this. Not everyone reads student-doctor forum. Many still want to go to pharmacy school, at any cost. Anyway though, if you are set on northstate after all this, I wish you good luck, hope you get in. :xf:

I was expressing on how I was not set on Northstate, especially after this cluster fook.

I gave up my seat offer, so if anybody is still on the waitlist wanting to get in, here's to you! Although, I can't imagine too many SDNers committing to this school after what's been revealed on these forums.

Members don't see this ad.

I chose to start re-applying after I heard all the bad news about CNCP, and then I was called of the waitlist for another school. In my opinion, its better to wait than to go to a questionable school

I totally agree with this. Why go to a school that has a questionable future at best when you can go to another that is more established and have more connections?

I was expressing on how I was not set on Northstate, especially after this cluster fook.

I gave up my seat offer, so if anybody is still on the waitlist wanting to get in, here's to you! Although, I can't imagine too many SDNers committing to this school after what's been revealed on these forums.

Oops, my bad my bad. I misinterpreted your post and thought it said "I got the acceptance too! Just kidding." In that case, I'm glad you came to your senses.

(You'd be surprised who still wants to go to northstate despite having knowledge of the cluster fook.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Polo27, since you did not get into any other school this cycle, I would accept the offer. In life we all must make our own choices and not by what other people say or hear. What I mean is you should not let these people scare you from attending. It's like those annoying flies that won't buzz off and eventually you have to swap them all. You have to separate the facts from opinions, and the only fact worth considering here is that they did not get accreditation this year from ACPE but are WASC accredited. Appalachian CoP also was not granted full accreditation the year its inaugural class graduated, but was granted next year.

Let yourcc struggle getting into a school next year and have to resort to some far OOS school and then have issues networking with pharmacists in CA if s/he plans to go back (who wouldnt).

I think once CNCP does become accredited, your opinion of the school will change. It's bound to happen...

Let yourcc struggle getting into a school next year and have to resort to some far OOS school and then have issues networking with pharmacists in CA if s/he plans to go back (who wouldnt).

Would rather be from an out of state school that is respected than an instate school that is looked down on. Do you have any idea how many successful pharmacist in this state a from out of state? So you are telling me that a CNCP grad has a leg up on a University of Washington or any State University just because they are in state... wow are you in for a rude awakening! So to put it more bluntly in this case "size matters"

laughing-lol-crazy-l.png

WOWWWW!! Must be that time of the month...andddd who said I'm applying next year?

Do you have any idea how many successful pharmacist in this state a from out of state?

I know, right? The place I volunteered at, a CALIFORNIA hospital, all of the pharmacists I worked with graduated from out-of-state. Yes, even the Director of Pharmacy!

Polo27, since you did not get into any other school this cycle, I would accept the offer. In life we all must make our own choices and not by what other people say or hear. What I mean is you should not let these people scare you from attending. It's like those annoying flies that won't buzz off and eventually you have to swap them all. You have to separate the facts from opinions, and the only fact worth considering here is that they did not get accreditation this year from ACPE but are WASC accredited. Appalachian CoP also was not granted full accreditation the year its inaugural class graduated, but was granted next year.

I think once CNCP does become accredited, your opinion of the school will change. It's bound to happen...

Your post confuses me. From what you posted earlier, I thought you gave up your seat for northstate?

I do agree that everyone should make their own decision, which is why I throw in a disclaimer "this is my 2 cents" when I express a viewpoint. What I don't agree on is your rude and unnecessary comment directed towards yourcc just because s/he turned down the seat for northstate. The comment "resorting to some far OOS" is extremely narrow-minded too. There are many prestigious programs out of state (and maybe better) than the ones in california. People come back from out of state to work in california all the time. Also just because you go to a california school does not mean you are guaranteed to stay in california. There is a chance that everyone has to relocate out of state and far away to obtain a job. (I'm not going to talk about the pharmacy saturation topic that student-doctor forums overall have touched on so many times.)

Also, it sounds like you prefer northstate over others because of the networking capabilities in california. It sounds contradicting because northstate barely has an alumni network and pharmacists do not view the school in a good light (according to my networks). Yes, networking is based on the individual, but remember that you become associated with the northstate network.

Would rather be from an out of state school that is respected than an instate school that is looked down on. Do you have any idea how many successful pharmacist in this state a from out of state? So you are telling me that a CNCP grad has a leg up on a University of Washington or any State University just because they are in state... wow are you in for a rude awakening! So to put it more bluntly in this case "size matters"

Networking > everything else.

And Yourcc- you are a sad, sad man.:thumbdown:

Oh look, its the same three people posting here! Where is the fly swatter?

And yeah I got into another school that is within driving distance (my top choice).

Last edited:

And yeah I got into another school that is within driving distance (my top choice).

And Twentytwelve2- you are a sad, sad hypocrite.:thumbdown:

1. You also continuously post in this thread.
  2. You dumped this school for another school.
  3. Top choice? Doesn't matter. You still dumped this school.
  4. Driving distance/saving money? Doesn't matter. You still dumped this school.
  5. Your BFF prettycat dumped this school. I don't see you publicly lashing out at her. She was also vocal about this program, so no excuses. I'm just your biased scapegoat.

Shouldn't that be 4 or don't you count yourself as one of the flies circling the TURD that CNCP is turning out to be.

Last edited:

Networking is an important factor to consider, but by no means the only thing to consider.

There is no fly swatter here because everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, which in theory leads to a productive discussion that everyone can benefit from. It does not matter who posts or who does not post here. There are many more than 3 of us who post here on this thread, who may or may not share your same viewpoint.

Networking is an important factor to consider, but by no means the only thing to consider.

There is no fly swatter here because everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, which in theory leads to a productive discussion that everyone can benefit from. It does not matter who posts or who does not post here. There are many more than 3 of us who post here on this thread, who may or may not share your same viewpoint.

Make that a 4th one! :laugh:

It's obvious there's nothing new to discuss in this thread any more, and orientation is a little more than 10 days away, let's not beat this dead horse any further. Congrats to those that are accepted and are attending, you'll like the CNU student culture. Good luck to those that are reapplying in the upcoming cycle.

@twentytwelve- Congratz on your acceptance at Touro! I really like their 2+2 program, you'll get plenty of hands on pharmacy experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the "be prepared" email last week...approx. where does that put me on the waitlist? top 3...5?

i heard the school just got denied for full accreditation. Next year will be their last chance.

i apologize if you already knew it. I just happend to know it from my health adviser. I wish I could follow this thread everyday like you. Disregard my previous post then.

i apologize if you already knew it. I just happend to know it from my health adviser. I wish I could follow this thread everyday like you. Disregard my previous post then.

okay-okay-l.png

It's obvious there's nothing new to discuss in this thread any more, and orientation is a little more than 10 days away, let's not beat this dead horse any further. Congrats to those that are accepted and are attending, you'll like the CNU student culture. Good luck to those that are reapplying in the upcoming cycle.

@twentytwelve- Congratz on your acceptance at Touro! I really like their 2+2 program, you'll get plenty of hands on pharmacy experience.

Keep your gaze to the horizon and ear to the ground as you wait for the other shoe to drop... this horse is not yet dead!

Keep your gaze to the horizon and ear to the ground as you wait for the other shoe to drop... this horse is not yet dead!

You might have something productive to contribute to the CNU-COP discussion when you're still on the wait list but as you've kindly dropped your seat, there's nothing more to be said. Now you're just an outsider trolling in this thread with the same negative message. I suggest you concentrate on your application for the next cycle and stop trying to gain attention from a group of anonymous ppl on the internet. :thumbup:

You might have something productive to contribute to the CNU-COP discussion when you're still on the wait list but as you've kindly dropped your seat, there's nothing more to be said. Now you're just an outsider trolling in this thread with the same negative message. I suggest you concentrate on your application for the next cycle and stop trying to gain attention from a group of anonymous ppl on the internet. :thumbup:

Because I never applied to CNU I do not have a seat to give up and there is no next cycle. The motivation is altruistic.

Because I never applied to CNU I do not have a seat to give up and there is no next cycle. The motivation is altruistic.

I remember reading a post from you a while back saying you're not attending their interview so you must have applied to the school but not on their waitlist. If you want to be altruistic than just present facts without commentations. Pre-pharms are smart enough to decided on attending the school or not. What you're really doing is scaring off prospective students from attending the school which makes it seems like you have some sort of personal issue against it.

hello! I recently got accepted last minute from the waitlist, and I was wondering where do most students live? What area or apartment complexes in rancho cordova?

Same here. I have to reschedule mine. Hopefully the next interview date will be close.
Hello,

I got an interview for California Northstate University College of Pharmacy on 9/21/12...I have schedule conflict. Will be really hard for me to attend the interview. I noticed when last year you reschedule (postpone) your interview . WHAT did the admission office say? Did they give you a later date?

Thanks

Hello,

I got an interview for California Northstate University College of Pharmacy on 9/21/12...I have schedule conflict. Will be really hard for me to attend the interview. I noticed when last year you reschedule (postpone) your interview . WHAT did the admission office say? Did they give you a later date?

Thanks

Well, I told them that I could not make my assigned interview date which I believe was on the last week of October. They immediately put me on a "interview waitlist". They then sent me an email 2 weeks after being placed in the waitlist, inviting me to their next scheduled interview date which was on the first week of December. I was accepted two weeks after my December interview, a couple of days before winter break started.

Will it affect your chances if you reschedule? I am guessing, no. But, I have no idea how they handle the "interview waitlist" or how long the list is.

I haven't heard back from them either. It always takes them several days to respond to email. Maybe, we'll hear from them sometimes this week.:)
Hello,

I got an interview for California Northstate University College of Pharmacy on 9/21/12...I have schedule conflict. Will be really hard for me to attend the interview. I noticed when last year you reschedule (postpone) your interview . What did you tell them??? WHAT did the admission office say? Did they give you a later date?

Thanks