California penal codes / laws for school counselors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EStieg

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I have been scouring the web attempting to find laws pertaining to school counselors in the state of California. I'm having little to no luck, even after reviewing ASCA, ACA, CASC, and a few other .gov websites.

Do any of you know a website that clearly articulates the penal codes or overall laws within the state of California for school counseling? EG., "privileged communications" is one I'm hoping to find info on, but there are many other topics as well.

For example, what is the legal (not ethical) penal code for a counselor required to tell a legal guardian of a child's propensity for self-harm or harm to an identifiable 3rd party?

Thank you,

Eric
 
Last edited: