California pharm schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruguox3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning on applying to all California pharm schools. My GPA is 3.1.. do I have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

What are yours ECs? Do you have pharmaceutical experience? Have you been in a research lab? How strong are your LORs and Personal Statement? It is difficult to answer your question with just a GPA statistic.

From what I know, your GPA is in the very very competitive zone. You really need to strengthen other things that admission committee are considering besides your GPA. As pharmdx92 mentioned above, the more and the better in quality of those things you have, the more likely you will get an interview. Then at the interview, depending on the schools, they will either just look at your performance at the interview or consider everything including your GPA. No one can tell if you will get into a program with 3.1 GPA for certain.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I know, your GPA is in the very very competitive zone. .

I would not consider his GPA to be "very, very competitive" and is relatively average if not lower than the average GPA of most California schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

I'm planning on applying to all California pharm schools. My GPA is 3.1.. do I have a chance?
You still have a chance but you should definitely apply early in the cycle. Most schools accept students based on rolling admission.

Hi all,

There are 3 Brand New pharmacy schools in California accepting applications for fall 2014, No one seems to be talking about them on SDN , make sure you apply to them as well, if you really want to stick with CA.
1- California Health Sciences University (Fresno, CA)
2- Keck Graduate Institute (Pomona , CA)
3-West Coast University (Hollywood, CA)
They are listed in pharmCAS

There are 3 Brand New pharmacy schools in California accepting applications for fall 2014, No one seems to be talking about them on SDN , make sure you apply to them as well, if you really want to stick with CA.
1- California Health Sciences University (Fresno, CA)
2- Keck Graduate Institute (Pomona , CA)
3-West Coast University (Hollywood, CA)
They are listed in pharmCAS

Last edited: