California Postbaccalaureate Consortium

Started by dmission
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dmission

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I'm not really socioeconomically disadvantaged at all... I just have a low GPA and want to increase my chances for an MD school. Is this group of postbaccs out of the question for me, then?
 
So, I'm not really socioeconomically disadvantaged at all... I just have a low GPA and want to increase my chances for an MD school. Is this group of postbaccs out of the question for me, then?
Yes, and it seems you already know that.
 
I don't think it's a cut&dry answer. There are a bunch of folks who have posted in this forum who aren't disadvantaged and did the UC postbacs.
Can't hurt to apply.

See this massive thread for the last round of discussion: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=606428

Budget cuts are the biggest concern with these programs, imho.

Best of luck to you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if anyone else knows about this. My current cGPA (junior) is 3.1, and I want to attend an MD in the US, so it's looking like I'll need to attend a post-bacc, and I would love to got a UC. Are there any others in california that are very helpful besides these UCs? (and relatively easy to get in to? 😛) Thanks!!
 
That would depend on if you're looking for an AE program or a formal pre-med post-bacc program.
 
What is AE? I know for sure though that a formal post-bacc would probably be more helpful, with the advising and such
 
AE = Academic Enhancer.

You didn't really specify if you have completed the medical pre-reqs is why I asked/suggested it.