California Psychology Licensure/Postdoc Question

Started by bingo24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bingo24

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
So I am currently working towards my postdoc hours in California (and am VERY close to being done with the 1500 hours). I didn't register as a psychological associate because the postdoc is housed within a university / academic medical center, and my supervisor and I were of the understanding that this was an 'exempt setting'. However, I am now beginning to panic that it is not an exempt setting, as I can't find any specificity on what an "accredited academic institution" is or isn't. Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help--thank you!
 
A university medical center sounds like an accredited academic institution to me. You could consult with an attorney to get more clarification. I had a question similar at one point and used the free legal advice from my Trust insurance and it was helpful mainly because it demonstrated due diligence.
 
A university medical center sounds like an accredited academic institution to me. You could consult with an attorney to get more clarification. I had a question similar at one point and used the free legal advice from my Trust insurance and it was helpful mainly because it demonstrated due diligence.

We have 'free' legal consults through our state org. I know someone who used it to figure out licensing stuff (not in CA though).