California rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools have rotations in California? I hear Ross is very involved in NY but not sure about others. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

OnMyWayThere said:
Which schools have rotations in California? I hear Ross is very involved in NY but not sure about others. Thanks.

Ross does have an affiliation with Kern County Medical Center in Bakersfield. Rotations for Ross students over there are limited to those with top GPA's and Step 1 scores. Being a California resident also helps. It's a "hot" spot for Ross students because you can do all your core rotations over there and if you so choose, do all your electives there as well. I believe SGU also have students there, as does UCLA and Western U.

awdc said:
Ross does have an affiliation with Kern County Medical Center in Bakersfield. Rotations for Ross students over there are limited to those with top GPA's and Step 1 scores. Being a California resident also helps. It's a "hot" spot for Ross students because you can do all your core rotations over there and if you so choose, do all your electives there as well. I believe SGU also have students there, as does UCLA and Western U.

bump...the above statement is what I was talking about in regards to the limitations placed upon Carib grads when setting up rotations.

azcomdiddy said:
bump...the above statement is what I was talking about in regards to the limitations placed upon Carib grads when setting up rotations.

This is specifically referencing Kern Medical Center (a teaching affiliate of UCLA, UC Irvine, and UCSD), which already has a written, formal affiliation with Ross. The message you "bumped" does not intimate any "limitations" or anything else imposed on Carib students; it does speak specifically to the desirability and limited available space in this one pre-approved and affiliated hospital. Having this affiliation does not preclude or pre-empt, and nowhere does the above post suggest, Ross students (or other students in similar situations) from doing rotations elsewhere in California, and I personally know of those who have.

For more info on this subject, see here: http://www.valuemd.com/viewtopic.php?t=22825

(Moderators: Please allow this slight deviation from TOS and regular usage, as there is not another single discussion on this forum addressing this specific point. Thank you.)

-Skip