Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/30/undercover.slaughter.video/index.html
As someone who is going into food animal medicine, I am appalled by this behavior. Not only is this horrible for these poor cows at the end of their lives, it's dangerous! It is a very clear violation of animal welfare, and USDA regulations for the handling of downer cows. I hope that the parties responsible are put in prison, I really do.
*sigh* One more thing to feed the PETA fire....that's the last thing food animal producers needed!
As someone who is going into food animal medicine, I am appalled by this behavior. Not only is this horrible for these poor cows at the end of their lives, it's dangerous! It is a very clear violation of animal welfare, and USDA regulations for the handling of downer cows. I hope that the parties responsible are put in prison, I really do.
*sigh* One more thing to feed the PETA fire....that's the last thing food animal producers needed!
