California State Board Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorbischdelish

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have looked everywhere for a concise study guide for the California state board exam. Does anyone have resources that they can share or point me in the right direction? I recently took the NAVLE but I've heard the material is much more specific to California.

Members don't see this ad.

Very interested in this as well! There are some old threads floating around but I don't think those users are active anymore unfortunately :(

Does anyone know when the CA state board exam is offered every year? Is it offered twice a year (in November and April) like the NAVLE? I couldn’t find information about that anywhere online. When are you supposed to take it? Most students take the NAVLE in November, so I would image that if you plan on practicing in CA after graduation, you would take the CA state board exam at the same time to know you are all set to start practicing right after graduation. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I am in the process of applying for a veterinary license in California. Can you share you experience and waiting times please?
The uncertain long wait is giving me anxiety and it doesnt help in planning the next chapter of my life. I kinda find it unfair that there is no concrete timeline the VMB can give.

Thank you!