Called from wait list after orientation began, what are the chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atrovariousg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently the first person on a wait list at a school who started orientation today. Does anyone have specific knowledge that points to my still getting a seat this year? Seems like a possibility, however everyone accepted did indeed show up at 7am this morning like requested so I'm wondering what my chances are.

Members don't see this ad.

that's sad if you don't go in, i may have to shed a tear for you...good luck

C.P. Jones said:
that's sad if you don't go in, i may have to shed a tear for you...good luck
Right on!

Members don't see this ad :)
There is still a chance, but a slim one. I was number one on a waitlist and was accepted 3 days before orientation. And, while everyone showed up for orientation at my school...a couple days later two people dropped (one for family reasons, and one girl fainted in anatomy and fell on a cadaver) and they took two more people.
Good luck.

NGemie said:
There is still a chance, but a slim one. I was number one on a waitlist and was accepted 3 days before orientation. And, while everyone showed up for orientation at my school...a couple days later two people dropped (one for family reasons, and one girl fainted in anatomy and fell on a cadaver) and they took two more people.
Good luck.
What's a cadaver? :D

I know 2 people at Tulane Med...one a doc now and one a 4th year who got pulled in during orientation...

I'll say a prayer to St. Jude for you.

Patron Saint of Lost Causes...

-sarah

PhDtoMD said:
I know 2 people at Tulane Med...one a doc now and one a 4th year who got pulled in during orientation...

I'll say a prayer to St. Jude for you.

Patron Saint of Lost Causes...

-sarah
Thank you dear.
Their white coating was this evening, but I'm still holding my breath as classes don't start until monday and if you show up for classes you have to pay at least half your tuition.

After two weeks, your admission will become unlikely. There's still hope :)
Good luck

Spoke with them this morning, the second day of actual classes and they told me that everyone was still hanging in there and that they would mail me a secondary today... :(