Calling all St. George's Medical Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HEME-ONC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a St. George's medical student and I was hoping to do some electives in various programs during my fourth year in Anesthesiology. I was hoping to find out about some great programs to rotate through that many of you (St. George's students) have rotated through as well and have actually matched in and gone on to complete your traing there.

Thanks a ton

Members don't see this ad.

i hear a lot of them go to st barny in NJ........my friend said he met a lot of them on his interviews that were ranting and raving about possibly signing out there.....

St. Joseph's in Paterson,NJ takes many from SGU. Also, Brookdale in Brooklyn

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend from SGU at St. Barney's in NJ--seems to like it & says he will pre-match there if offered.

Try Maimonides. If you're aggressive, it's a good gas rotation--you just have to find out which attendings are good, willing to teach and willing to let you do things like intubate, start lines, push drugs, etc. It's a 'on your own' type of rotation in that they tell you to go and pick an OR and hang out with the anesthesiologist. So, you have to figure out (hopefully by word of mouth from other students) who the student-friendly attendings are and then go, introduce yourself and if you show interest, they'll let you do a lot and you'll learn a lot. The spectrum of cases is excellent--you'll see everything. CV anesthesia is especially strong. You'll get some decent didactics along the way as well.

Personally, I would save Brookdale for a last resort.

Thanks for the replies. They have all been really helpful!!

Maimo has a good gas rotation and many sgu grads in the ca1/2 years. The program itself is a piece of crap, but i did 4 weeks there as an ms4 and learned alot.