1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Calling all UTSA applicants!

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Rivercitygirl, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Rivercitygirl

Pre-Medical
    Did anyone get a sense as to what the typical "science GPA" was for accepted applicants? I'm currently doing a 5 year BA/MA program in Spanish and plan to apply to UTSA next year, but I'm nervous about my science GPA (3.6). My overall is 3.9 - I'm done with premed prereqs, but should I take more science classes to try and raise that science GPA? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. girl82

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Do you mean UTHSCSA medical school? If so, your GPA is fine. I know people who pre-matched with a much lower science and overall GPA. I also know plenty of people with high GPAs that did not pre-match. UTHSCSA is really one of those schools that looks beyond numbers. I would work on other areas of your application and not your GPA.

#2 girl82, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  4. Danbo1957

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Agreed (assuming that you are in-state Texas applicant.) UT-SA has really done well with its program over the last ten years. A huge ~$1billion expansion of hospital facilites is in the works as well.