Calling all UTSA applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rivercitygirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get a sense as to what the typical "science GPA" was for accepted applicants? I'm currently doing a 5 year BA/MA program in Spanish and plan to apply to UTSA next year, but I'm nervous about my science GPA (3.6). My overall is 3.9 - I'm done with premed prereqs, but should I take more science classes to try and raise that science GPA? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get a sense as to what the typical "science GPA" was for accepted applicants? I'm currently doing a 5 year BA/MA program in Spanish and plan to apply to UTSA next year, but I'm nervous about my science GPA (3.6). My overall is 3.9 - I'm done with premed prereqs, but should I take more science classes to try and raise that science GPA? :confused:

Do you mean UTHSCSA medical school? If so, your GPA is fine. I know people who pre-matched with a much lower science and overall GPA. I also know plenty of people with high GPAs that did not pre-match. UTHSCSA is really one of those schools that looks beyond numbers. I would work on other areas of your application and not your GPA.

Last edited:
UTHSCSA is really one of those schools that looks beyond numbers. I would work on other areas of your application and not your GPA.

Agreed (assuming that you are in-state Texas applicant.) UT-SA has really done well with its program over the last ten years. A huge ~$1billion expansion of hospital facilites is in the works as well.