Calling all UTSA applicants!

Rivercitygirl

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
    Did anyone get a sense as to what the typical "science GPA" was for accepted applicants? I'm currently doing a 5 year BA/MA program in Spanish and plan to apply to UTSA next year, but I'm nervous about my science GPA (3.6). My overall is 3.9 - I'm done with premed prereqs, but should I take more science classes to try and raise that science GPA? :confused:

girl82

10+ Year Member
    Sep 22, 2008
    1. Medical Student
      Did anyone get a sense as to what the typical "science GPA" was for accepted applicants? I'm currently doing a 5 year BA/MA program in Spanish and plan to apply to UTSA next year, but I'm nervous about my science GPA (3.6). My overall is 3.9 - I'm done with premed prereqs, but should I take more science classes to try and raise that science GPA? :confused:

Do you mean UTHSCSA medical school? If so, your GPA is fine. I know people who pre-matched with a much lower science and overall GPA. I also know plenty of people with high GPAs that did not pre-match. UTHSCSA is really one of those schools that looks beyond numbers. I would work on other areas of your application and not your GPA.

Last edited:

Danbo1957

10+ Year Member
      Feb 18, 2008
      Austin, Texas
      1. Attending Physician
        UTHSCSA is really one of those schools that looks beyond numbers. I would work on other areas of your application and not your GPA.

Agreed (assuming that you are in-state Texas applicant.) UT-SA has really done well with its program over the last ten years. A huge ~$1billion expansion of hospital facilites is in the works as well.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.