1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE, COMLEX, NBDE or APMLE, Test Prep Week Exhibitors can help you ace your boards!

Calling all who are concerned about housing!

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by PsyDWannabe, Mar 15, 2010.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. PsyDWannabe

PsyDWannabe HpfulboutGradSchl 7+ Year Member

Mar 20, 2009
    For those of us worrying about price, location, etc, this is a nice website I found that has helped me tremendously in the whole location-relocation process. It answers questions about safety, schools for kids, salons, places of worship, etc that might help you narrow down where you'd like to end up. Just type your keywords in search and, voila. Now, I might the Jenny-come-lately who just discovered it for the first time (apparently, its been around for a while) but I just thought I'd suggest it since its just a forum like ours.

http://www.city-data.com

Good Luck Hunting!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. childpsych479

childpsych479 5+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2009
  4. bmedclinic

bmedclinic 7+ Year Member

May 9, 2008
    Psychologist
    wow, im not looking for a housing place, but thats a REALLY cool resource/mashup.

5. Psydoct

Psydoct 5+ Year Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Thanks for posting those websites guys! I could really use these sites now. :thumbup:

6. CheckYourHead

CheckYourHead

Mar 17, 2010
    Midwest
    Though it is limited to certain locations (i.e. mostly big cities), I've found this site to be really useful:

http://www.housingmaps.com/

It is also based on the craigslist x google maps approach, but lets you specify whether you're looking to rent, sublet, or buy, as well as the price range you're looking for.

7. WJPSYCH

WJPSYCH Postdoctoral Fellow 7+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Mid Atlantic