Calling MD-PhD applicants with Intellectual Property

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skier93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a US provisional patent filed and am currently undergoing further development to file a utility soon. Anyone have any suggestions as to where the best place to mention this may be? I do have it in my MD-PhD essay, but would it be appropriate to list it as an activity as well? I have also received an NSF seed grant on this development. Any suggestions as to where I can list this as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I have a US provisional patent filed and am currently undergoing further development to file a utility soon.

1) Anyone have any suggestions as to where the best place to mention this may be? I do have it in my MD-PhD essay, but would it be appropriate to list it as an activity as well?

2) I have also received an NSF seed grant on this development. Any suggestions as to where I can list this as well?
1) Mention it in an Other space or as part of the space where you discuss the development process.

You might be interested in reading this thread on the subject:. How do adcoms view being coinventor on a patent?

2) Honors/ Awards would work if you don't want to include it in the project's space.