Calling people good with technology: Blackboard Collaborate & pop-up distractions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

RTC19

I am taking a Physiology summer class. Lectures are being delivered in real time via Blackboard Collaborate. There is a chat window for everyone in the class. That's okay - I can close that - but my problem is that I get a popup superimposed over the powerpoint every time someone says something in the chat. It makes a little text "bing" sound too and it's just so distracting.

People are going nuts in the chat window while the professor is talking and there is just way too much going on to the point that I can't concentrate on what the teacher is saying.

Does anyone know how to disable these chat pop-ups in Blackboard collaborate? My browser pop-up blocker didn't work.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you using Firefox or something? What kind of computer do you have?

Reactions: 1 user
Are you using Firefox or something? What kind of computer do you have?

Thank you for your response!

I am using Google Chrome.

I used an Ipad with the Blackboard app yesterday. I thought it was the Ipad's fault, so I tried my laptop and Google Chrome this morning (HP Pavillion) and had the same problem.

Huh. Chrome doesn't usually support Javascript (pop-up windows)--so idk what to say. You could try emailing the professor

Reactions: 1 user